• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Political Compass Test

andmark

political-compass.jpg

You are a left moderate social libertarian.
Left: 3.39, Libertarian: 2.9
Foreign Policy:
On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world.
You scored: -2.7
Culture:
Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries.
You scored: -7.36

That culture war score is about right, but I'd say I'm more inclined to be hawkish than their foreign policy bit says.

Last edited:

trundler

View attachment 24662

You are a left moderate social libertarian.
Left: 3.39, Libertarian: 2.9
Foreign Policy:
On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world.
You scored: -2.7
Culture:
Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries.
You scored: -7.36

That culture war score is about right, but I'd say I'm more inclined to be hawkish than their foreign policy bit says.
Ended that high but slightly to the left.

cpr

Pretty similar to where I'd expect to be based on the other test

pc.jpg
Left 2.86
Lib 1.15

Foreign Policy -3.16
Culture -4.4

Seems to match other Lib Dem people who have taken the test than others (even if I'm slightly top right of that average)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bang in the bottom right corner on the spectrum, far left on foreign policy, in the centre towards liberal on culture

morgieb

I appear to have gone full communist

Economic Left/Right: -8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.51

Matteh

I appear to have gone full communist

Economic Left/Right: -8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.51

Communist would be higher on the Y axis surely? Definitely the red box but with some closer to the centre line.

Matteh

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

These days...
This was back in 2007.

These days I get -8.38 and -5.08.

The trouble with it is that I'm aware the impact of the questions that it's asking so I'm almost gaming it. Would work better on someone who isn't all that political and might genuinely surprise them as to where they actually fit in. Kinda like those manifesto quizzes around election time.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The questions are badly/vaguely worded though, and some really aren't clear what they mean, so it is quite a limited tool regardless of the things you mention.

I did it the other day and came out about halfway down just inside the green square.

Red_Ink_Squid

I remember doing this test many years ago back in secondary school. I found the compass concept really helpful then and I guess I still default to thinking about political issues on these two axes.

Unfortunately the test this site uses is just woeful, jam packed with leading questions. I find it hard to imagine people not ending up in the green square, almost regardless of their actual political views. The economics questions are barely more disguised than 'Should the profits of evil corporations be the sole consideration always and in every circumstance Y/N?' and 'Do you think that it is just about conceivable that there might (theoretically) be some situations in life where it would be inappropriate to utterly trample the needy underfoot like a worm. Y/N?'

Surprise conclusion: Hey look! You voted against the worm thing, right? Then you are idealogically left wing! (Did you know that some mainstream politicians don't share your core values, tsk.)

Pothas

This is always what I have thought but we do have some special people on here that do manage it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is always what I have thought but we do have some special people on here that do manage it.
It's not even technically possible to be further "economically right" than me in real life, but if I took every question absolutely literally I'd probably end up closer to the centre line than the furthest right position. This is despite the fact that when these jokers plot real-life politicians, values-free Blue Team shills like David Cameron and Malcolm Turnbull flirt with the right edge.

From my perspective the best way to get an accurate reading is to think of most of the questions in "assuming the government is going to act on its opinions, what would I want it to think about this?" terms - which I think is probably a fair enough way to approach what are often morality questions in what it meant to be a political quiz.

Last edited: