• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

things less painful than danny morrison's commentary

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sounds like you are all pretty terrible people. Who says no to free beer?

Heef wouldn't turn down any beer, I've seen the man smash a few crate bottles of NZ's worst on a good night out.

HeathDavisSpeed

Heef wouldn't turn down any beer, I've seen the man smash a few crate bottles of NZ's worst on a good night out.
Regional Wines and Spirits was within spitting distance. Downed a few growlers of decent beer at lunch with some other pals.

Then on the Sunday KiWiNiNjA and I found the Solbar and the rest is history.

Adders

I offered to get beers plenty of times but the guys weren't keen.

Then I tasted their "Tui" beer and understood why.
Nup, not buying that at all. I've had the pleasure of living with, travelling alongside and meeting plenty of Kiwis in my time and without exception the only thing they loved more than a beer........was a free one.

Dan

Global Moderator
Even harder to believe is a 19-year-old Australian male turning down free beer. But that happened many a time during the course of the Test.

SteveNZ

Hey. Where were my chips?!?

Anyway, Danny Morrison is infinitely better to listen to than Mark Nicholas commentating on Australia.
I thought about this for a long, long time...and I'm still not sure. Is death by sword or death by knives any more bearable? I might go Morrison based on how much of a sell-out Nicholas is, but then Nicholas has never produced the likes of the piss-taking haka, an IPL 'weeeeee' slide and other 'kill me now' moments.

Danny was my hero as a boy, it seems so long ago

Flem274*

123/5
That Morrison haka ad with the Sri Lankan "savages" with spears hunting him is the most over the top racist thing I've ever seen. It's so over the top you can't take it seriously.

Dan

Global Moderator
Nicholas has the ability to be a seriously good commentator though, when he isn't instructed to be a cheerleading fanboi of a host. When he did the Australia A game, he was absolute quality.

Can Morrison do anything other than just screw around?

SteveNZ

Nicholas has the ability to be a seriously good commentator though, when he isn't instructed to be a cheerleading fanboi of a host. When he did the Australia A game, he was absolute quality.

Can Morrison do anything other than just screw around?
No.

I think that's why I detest Nicholas more, he actually started out as a well-spoken, non-sycophantic well-reasoned commentator before he began suckling on any teet he could find.