• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Those that voted for Brexit, would you still vote the same way?

?

• I voted to leave and stand by my choice

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • I voted to leave and now regret my vote

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I voted to remain and stand by my choice

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I voted to remain and now regret my vote

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am foreign and would like to press a button

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters

Ausage

Given Brexit was all about racists doing the racism, I feel triggered by the term "foreign".

But the need to press a button is too strong.

Uppercut

The only Leave voters I've met who regret their vote are the ones that assumed remain would win but wanted to "shake things up", or the like. The polls hardly show any change either, but a lot of the people I speak to in other EU countries seem to think Leavers Remorse is widespread.

vogue

Have to say I really liked option 5 and wondered if because I have Welsh blood floating through my veins I could vote for it...
Having said such, sanity prevailed and I pressed the correct button..

fredfertang

I haven't met anyone who will admit to having got it wrong the first time, which I find slightly troubling now the extent of the disaster looming for us all is known

Niall

I haven't met anyone who will admit to having got it wrong the first time, which I find slightly troubling now the extent of the disaster looming for us all is known
Jez and Jacob Rees Mogg have said it will be grand, no need to worry.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I was a bit curious because a few of the more pro Brexit posters on CW had begun to express some real concerns. Though it looks like with the benefit of hindsight CW has held to its guns.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It’s interesting. I think when dealing with passionate subjects like this, there’s a tendency to double down and close yourself to new developments because if you change your mind, people are afraid that it may seem seem like maybe they were foolish before, or it’s somehow a sign of weakness. And they don’t want the “I told you so”. Happens with all sorts of decisions people make. There’s some good literature on this.

zorax

likes this
It’s interesting. I think when dealing with passionate subjects like this, there’s a tendency to double down and close yourself to new developments because if you change your mind, people are afraid that it may seem seem like maybe they were foolish before, or it’s somehow a sign of weakness. And they don’t want the “I told you so”. Happens with all sorts of decisions people make. There’s some good literature on this.
There is also a tendency for people to be very quick to turn on themselves too - especially if the mainstream opinion changes. If everyone around you starts admitting they were wrong and misinformed about an earlier stance, it becomes harder for you to maintain that you still believe it was the right call.

fredfertang

I was a bit curious because a few of the more pro Brexit posters on CW had begun to express some real concerns. Though it looks like with the benefit of hindsight CW has held to its guns.
I think it's right that quite a few who, itbt, were voting for a hard brexit are now more supportive of the idea of a soft brexit so to that extent I think there has been a change