• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Time to sack George Bailey as Captain and player.

brockley

2 failed campaigns,and his batting not up to it.
Time for either Watson or White to take over with immediate effect.

Riggins

i agree. every innings seems to lose that kick when he comes in, and we just can't seem to get it back.

the big bambino

I suppose I should care but I just can't. Just so happy we won the ashes and beat the no.1 test team this summer when we weren't really expected to win anything. Recollections of Australia's test victories will keep me warm over a tedious winter. As for t20 it'd be my 5th favourite form of cricket. Right after indoor and French.

Dan

Global Moderator
Averaging 26.50 at a SR of 142ish in t20i cricket. Plus can field and is a pretty useful captain. No cause for alarm imo.

He's had, what, 3 bad performances in Bangladesh within the context of us running up 170+ every time. The biggest problem we've got right now is that our bowlers contrive to concede more than that each game.

karan316

Bailey is an excellent LO player and a very good leader, an important part of the Australian team.

YorksLanka

as per Dermo's quote, i cant understand why steve smith isnt included for Aus as he is just the type of player suited to this format imho..i dont get it...obviuosly i am looking at itfrom a neutral view and admit i dont have the benefit of domestic knowledge so apologies if he has bombed in the domestics..

brockley

Wonder if this failure by Bailey will cost him a national contract,only 18 handed out.Steve Smith his replacement.

Dan

Global Moderator
Nah, he'd get one anyway for his ODI abilities. Would have to be the #1 or #2 ranked player in the format for Australia at the moment, which would secure him a low number contract at the very least.

YorksLanka

simple answer is yes..judging by his own body language today, i think even he knows it too...Aus were extremely poor in this tournament and that's not like them when it comes to major tournaments...

Adders

simple answer is yes..judging by his own body language today, i think even he knows it too...Aus were extremely poor in this tournament and that's not like them when it comes to major tournaments...
Probably gonna upset some people by saying this, but seriously.......how major is the thing really??

When Australia sit back and review their last 6 months results and performances with all that they have achieved.........does anyone honestly think that their performances in this tourny are going to factor too highly??

When Boof took over the reigns if you'd have offered him an Ashes win backed up by a win against the No 1 test side in the world but losing 3 straight in the T20 WC, I reckon the bloke would have bitten your arm off for it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oz have a poor T20 team but our performances have been **** even by our standards
No one was saying they were poor1 month before the tournament, they were favourites (which I pointed out was silly considering tournament was on the subcontinent) with the bookies.

However that actually confirms your point further. Australia had a team that should push for the semis for sure. Massive under-performance from the team.