• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twilight bores man to death

Smudge

Saw this as a win-win situation, tbh. Any bloke who loves Twilight isn't much of a loss.

FaaipDeOiad

I actually watched the first Twilight film the other day.

Does anyone know what the deal is with all the weird facial expressions like the actors are constipated? Are they in the book too?

Mr Casson

Saw this as a win-win situation, tbh. Any bloke who loves Twilight isn't much of a loss.
:laugh:

Does anyone know what the deal is with all the weird facial expressions like the actors are constipated? Are they in the book too?
A quick Google search of Twilight quotes appears to indicate that constipation was indeed a major theme of the story.

First of all, there was this:

Bella said:
I do a good job of blocking painful, unnecessary things from my memory.
And who can forget this:

Bella said:
It was nice to be alone, not to have to smile and look pleased; a relief to stare dejectedly out the window at the sheeting rain and let just a few tears escape.
And:

Bella said:
Once people start throwing wet stuff, I go inside.
Edward said:
So you faint at the sight of blood?
And my personal favourites:

Bella said:
I wasn’t going out without taking someone with me. I tried to swallow so I could build up a decent scream.
Bella said:
I stared at his face in profound relief, relief that went beyond my sudden deliverance.

Burgey

I haven't seen any of them. Is there a redeeming feature to them at all?

And by redeeming feature, I mean noodz.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha. Heard this on the radio so many times today. First thing that came to mind was 'is it that bad?' and then 'I'd probably die of embarrassment if anyone ever caught me watching it'.

But yeah, overall a bit of a sad story. Cause of death not known yet. Putting a fiver on an aneurysm.[/insensitive]

:laugh:

FaaipDeOiad

I haven't seen any of them. Is there a redeeming feature to them at all?

And by redeeming feature, I mean noodz.
Only seen the first one but it's ****ing awful. I guess if there is a redeeming feature its the hilarious awfulness of it all, but it's a trainwreck of a film.

"You're like my... own personal brand... of heroin..."

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't know what Twilight is all about and I don't care. Seriously, can the ****ing thing.

Burgey

Hmm, think I'll give it a miss then.

While on the subject of over paid, under talented actors, saw that fella from Gossip Girl at a restaurant I was at last week for lunch.

Not sure his name, looked a ponce.

_Ed_

Best thread title of the year so far IMO, and spectacular stuff from Casson. Highly entertaining all-round.

Meridio

Can confirm that said 23-year old Wellington man was not me.

Seriously, a 23-year old guy going to a Twilight movie? Second sign of the apocalypse imo.

The first sign being when my 25 year old male former flatmate invited me to a midnight premier of a Twilight film.

Craig

World Traveller
Mr bother works at a movie cinema, and he said they have three cinema's playing Twilight, and of his female co workers watched the last one 7 or 8 times, she would watch it one day, and then would keep going back every day.

Burgey

Why is it so popular? Can anyone explain it?

I saw the trailer the other day, a lot of dogs jumping around chasing people. Seemed pretty dire tbh.

Is it that the actors are all young and attractive or something? If that's the case they should make a Home and Away film, and is it all emo or something? It sounds it,from Casson and Fuller's posts.

And btw Fuller, wish you posted more champ. WAFG.