• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Victory Parade for India

Fusion

Global Moderator
So envious right now. Though I can't help but smile when I see the massive celebrations. India deserves this moment of joy. :)

Perm

This is going over board . people forget that this was a 20/20 championship .
Meh, let them have their moment in the sun. 'Real' cricket fans, such as some of the posters on this board, know that this isn't very 'important' in the context of world cricket.

biased indian

Meh, let them have their moment in the sun. 'Real' cricket fans, such as some of the posters on this board, know that this isn't very 'important' in the context of world cricket.
i think any otehr country other than Austrlia might have celebrated it this way

aus becuse they were expectd to win this also

Perm

i think any otehr country other than Austrlia might have celebrated it this way

aus becuse they were expectd to win this also
Not New Zealand. If we had won the Twenty20 Championship, we would've hardly celebrated, as there would have been hardly any media or public attention

biased indian

Not New Zealand. If we had won the Twenty20 Championship, we would've hardly celebrated, as there would have been hardly any media or public attention
wht about rugby sevens ???

it also depend upon the fact how popular the game is in your country

Perm

wht about rugby sevens ???

it also depend upon the fact how popular the game is in your country
Nah, that'd hardly get any attention either.

That's exactly the point I was making, cricket isn't popular in NZ unless it's the Chappell-Hadlee.

biased indian

Nah, that'd hardly get any attention either.

That's exactly the point I was making, cricket isn't popular in NZ unless it's the Chappell-Hadlee.
but u used "Real cricket Fans"

i think i am one of them :)

and i know where 20/20 stands..but its still the second biggest competition in cricket..in terms of teams participating...and even if we win ODI WC i think this will the most u can expect....

Perm

but u used "Real cricket Fans"

i think i am one of them :)

and i know where 20/20 stands..but its still the second biggest competition in cricket..in terms of teams participating...and even if we win ODI WC i think this will the most u can expect....
By 'real' I meant fans who appreciate Test cricket, and not the idiots that seem to think Dhoni is God, etc. I think you are a 'real' cricket fan, for sure.

Winning the Test series in England was more of an acheivement than the Twenty20 World Cup, IMO, and I hope you share that. It's pretty obvious the majority of these fanatics in India don't realise that thought, as they don't seem to appreciate Tests.

Nishant

This is going over board . people forget that this was a 20/20 championship .
Who gives a ****!!!!! FFS...its cricket and thats all that matters. People forget that we are fans and are not getting anything for winning a game. All we get is happiness...so whether it is the 2020 or a bleeding test series, who gives a crap! England celebrated so much when they won a series against the aussies...they never won a WC...but they celebrated cos they were happy! I take all cricket seriously cos for me, i want my team to win so i can be pleased..an if my team loses, i WILL be sad...dont give a toss whether its a 2020 or a test match!!!

Nishant

By 'real' I meant fans who appreciate Test cricket, and not the idiots that seem to think Dhoni is God, etc. I think you are a 'real' cricket fan, for sure.

Winning the Test series in England was more of an acheivement than the Twenty20 World Cup, IMO, and I hope you share that. It's pretty obvious the majority of these fanatics in India don't realise that thought, as they don't seem to appreciate Tests.
im sorry mate.....but real fans are those that support their team whatever format they are playing! I think u are forgetting the definition of FAN! Its ok to appreciate test cricket but a REAL FAN as u put it should be able to appreciate 2020 and ODIs as they are all forms of WORLD CRICKET. And what is of more importance is all a matter of opinion: IMHO, a WC is more important than a minor series. Yes, i do believe that winning tests are more of an acheievement than winning 2020s....so if we had won a 2020 series...i would be happy, as i am a true fan...but i would not go really overboard. But india ahve just won a WC which is more important that winning a test series.

Perm

im sorry mate.....but real fans are those that support their team whatever format they are playing! I think u are forgetting the definition of FAN! Its ok to appreciate test cricket but a REAL FAN as u put it should be able to appreciate 2020 and ODIs as they are all forms of WORLD CRICKET. And what is of more importance is all a matter of opinion: IMHO, a WC is more important than a minor series. Yes, i do believe that winning tests are more of an acheievement than winning 2020s....so if we had won a 2020 series...i would be happy, as i am a true fan...but i would not go really overboard. But india ahve just won a WC which is more important that winning a test series.
Cricket fans and Indian fans are very different things my friend. Winning a Test series in England>winning the Twenty20 World Champs, for a cricket fan anyway.

Nishant

Cricket fans and Indian fans are very different things my friend. Winning a Test series in England>winning the Twenty20 World Champs, for a cricket fan anyway.
im a cricket fan too mate.....and IMO winning the WC would be better than winning a test series. Im talking about this with a general view. i just dont like the ay ppl are degrading certain formats just cos they dont like them and the way they catergorise fans.The truth is mate, who am i or u or anyone else to tell someone if they are a real cricket fan or not?Anyway... Are u sayin that winning a test series against bangladesh was more important than the WC?? World Cups are the most important events in world cricket. AND, like it or not, 2020 will be the future of cricket. So degrading the WC just because its 2020 is plain wrong.

Perm

im a cricket fan too mate.....and IMO winning the WC would be better than winning a test series. Im talking about this with a general view. i just dont like the ay ppl are degrading certain formats just cos they dont like them and the way they catergorise fans.The truth is mate, who am i or u or anyone else to tell someone if they are a real cricket fan or not?Anyway... Are u sayin that winning a test series against bangladesh was more important than the WC?? World Cups are the most important events in world cricket. AND, like it or not, 2020 will be the future of cricket. So degrading the WC just because its 2020 is plain wrong.
Twenty20 isn't the future of cricket. Also, winning a Test series against a Test class opposition is more important than winning the Twenty20 World Champs, particularly touring England, which is considering one of the ultimate challenges.

Nishant

Twenty20 isn't the future of cricket. Also, winning a Test series against a Test class opposition is more important than winning the Twenty20 World Champs, particularly touring England, which is considering one of the ultimate challenges.
whether 2020 is the future of cricket is debatable so im not gonna get into that TBH. And whether or not winning the 2020 was more important than the england win also seems debatable. im just gonna say this.....a WC is more important than a test series. I enjoyed both victories as i am a fan. I would have been equally disappointed if we had lost in the WC. Now that we have won both...i couldnt care less which was more importance. I dont give a crap....we won....and as a fan i will celebrate both victories. I am not a board member of the bCCI nor am i gonna get any cash for us winning a certain tournamnet more than another tournament. Infact, i lost money wen i went to watch matches at the stadiums. i care only for the team to win....and i think some ppl need to realise that they too are only fans....enjoy and celebrate ur cricket...dont get into a fuss abt which is more important...who cares!!!! Thats a fan...a real cricket fan!!

SJS

ICC today siad officially that the T20WC is not the cricket world cup !! That is the odi world cup played once every four years.

Nishant

ICC today siad officially that the T20WC is not the cricket world cup !! That is the odi world cup played once every four years.
Really?? But it is the WC of T20..if u get me? im just saying that for me....its a tourament and im happy that we won it...im not just gonna ignore it am i? C'mon...ur an indian fan...ur happy that india won it as well....perhaps we agree that winning the test series was harder...but it doesnt mean that we are not going to value the T20 win!

SJS

Really?? But it is the WC of T20..if u get me? im just saying that for me....its a tourament and im happy that we won it...im not just gonna ignore it am i? C'mon...ur an indian fan...ur happy that india won it as well....perhaps we agree that winning the test series was harder...but it doesnt mean that we are not going to value the T20 win!
Come on I just communicated a news item, nothing more nothing less and I did it without comment. Why do you insist on reading anything more ?:)