• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WC quicks

Daemon

There's been some really good fast bowling at good pace across the board in the first few games. Russell came out of nowhere to bowl 145, Hassan was the best quick on show the other day against Australia, Archer taking SA apart, etc etc.

Just thought it'd be fun to predict how the quicks will end up and to discuss the superior bowling type

Top 10 imo

Bumrah
Archer
Boult
Starc
Amir
Cummins
Ferguson
Fizz
Hassan
Shami

Very notable omission: Rabada

Shri

Add Kohli to the list:

"It was the during the ODI series in Sri Lanka (in 2017) where we had almost won everything, I asked MS (Dhoni) if I could bowl. Just when I was getting ready to roll my arm over, Bumrah (Jasprit) shouted from the boundary and said 'no joking around, it is an international game'.
Also:

TNT

Banned
There's been some really good fast bowling at good pace across the board in the first few games. Russell came out of nowhere to bowl 145, Hassan was the best quick on show the other day against Australia, Archer taking SA apart, etc etc.

Just thought it'd be fun to predict how the quicks will end up and to discuss the superior bowling type

Top 10 imo

Bumrah
Archer
Boult
Starc
Amir
Cummins
Ferguson
Fizz
Hassan
Shami

Very notable omission: Rabada
Cant wait to see your 10 best wicket keepers.:D

Daemon

Wahab's average speed tonight was apparently 142.5kph. Top speed of 150kph.

Not bad from the 33 yo.

Howe_zat

It's refreshing to see what happens to ODI scoring levels when all sides actually play their first choice attacks for once.

I know it's fashionable to say that teams cark it with the bat in world cups but I think it's mostly to do with them not being able to feast in JAMODI series where sides rest their best bowlers.

Bolo

It's refreshing to see what happens to ODI scoring levels when all sides actually play their first choice attacks for once.

I know it's fashionable to say that teams cark it with the bat in world cups but I think it's mostly to do with them not being able to feast in JAMODI series where sides rest their best bowlers.
Or you could manage an RSA, have all the best playing jamodis, and end up fielding junk

trundler

So far Starc and Bumrash have been the leading trio. KG was great the other day too. Took him 2 games tho. Jofra has apparently regressed to mean. Just 2 matches tho. Amir has stepped up also. Thomas and Cotrell going strong with the bumpers. Interesting times. A top 3 should include Starc and Bumrah but no idea about the third seamer.

Edit: forgot about NZ but can you really blame me for that? Ferguson was breathing fire against bangers. Looked as fast as the speed gun said, for once. Boult's been great too. Henry has looked fine but one feels a thrashing is round the corner.

Last edited:

Daemon

Top 10 imo

Bumrah - Looking good
Archer - Meh, but still has that spell against SA
Boult - Steady start
Starc - Jizz. Was f a s t yesterday.
Amir - Ok i guess. His fielders have let him down again.
Cummins - Decent start
Ferguson - Hell yeah
Fizz - Let him open the bowling Mash you ****
Hassan - Breathed fire against Aus but then got spanked by SL go figure
Shami - Lolwat

Very notable omission: Rabada (this is gonna end up looking so bad)
upd8

Also a wild contender in Henry has appeared

Last edited: