• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Weird news stories

vicleggie

I don't agree with Duterte killing addicts at all, but kudos to him for killing drug dealers. A patriotic man.

eidde

Welp, this ain't news cos it happened a while ago, and it didn't make the news even locally - a friend heard it in court.

Anyhow, the case before my friend's was a young man who'd held up a Mr Whippy truck (ice-cream truck) with a machete. He didn't want money though. He took the wheel, driving around the streets and forcing the operator to make cones as fast as he could, then throw them out the window at pedestrians.

Apparently the courthouse was deadly silent and serious the entire time the charge was being read out.

Burgey

This morning on the radio I half-heard a story which seems to suggest that someone linked to Putin was on some Russian reality tv ice skating show and basically did a skit which was based around the Holocaust, including skating in camp garb and all. Can any of our European brethren confirm whether this actually happened, because I didn't know whether to be appalled or to burst out laughing because it sounded like Springtime for Hitler from The Producers on ice. Report concluded by saying the choreography included a scene where the two skaters took shots at each other as well.

FMD it was a weird start to the day.

Edit: apparently it did happen! Performed to the theme of Life Is Beautiful and all. How ****ing weird.

Vladimir Putin spokesman's wife sparks outrage with 'Holocaust-on-ice' dance routine

Last edited: