• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What the markets are saying about the World T20

kiwiviktor81

Overall winner

India 3.75
Australia 7.6
South Africa 8
England 8.2
New Zealand 9.6
West Indies 8.4
Sri Lanka 17.5
Pakistan 13.5
Bangladesh 46

India the clear favourites; Aussie, SA, NZ, England and WI in the chasing group; Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh outsiders. Reckon the Bangas are great value of $46. will definitely be having some of that.

Top runscorer:

Rohit Sharma 9
Virat Kohli 9
David Warner 10
AB de Villiers 14.
Chris Gayle 14.5
Kane Williamson 14.5
Steve Smith 16.5
Shikhar Dhawan 18.5
Martin Guptill 19.5

Reckon de Villers and Guptill are good value here.

Howe_zat

2009: In England, won by Pakistan
2010: In WI, won by England
2012: In SL, won by WI
2014: In Bangladesh, won by SL
2016: In India, won by Bangladesh obviously

easy money

Niall

India price is magnificent banter, rightfully favourites, but not touching that with a barge pole, they were LOL bad against South Africa and against Lanka the other day.

Australia 2nd favourites is strange, abysmal in the last world cup and a bizarre squad selection.

I have some money down on Pakistan, somewhat tempted to have something on Lanka as that price is value even though they are not what they used to be.

England as well due to their spinners are probably due some consideration as well. Saffers with their majestic record in world cups and Amla opening I don't think should be favs ahead of them.

Last edited:

Daemon

So is it right to say that if you put even money on SA, Aus, NZ, Pak, SL and any of them win, you win money? That's bizarre, surely India aren't that big favourites.

straw man

England and Bangladesh look good value there imo.

Bangladesh's opening match is a good chance to surprise Pakistan (though would it still be a surprise?).

England seem to be on a Limited-Overs upward ebb and should make it out of their group - I'd be less willing to put money on any other single team bar India qualifying for the semis.

zorax

likes this
So is it right to say that if you put even money on SA, Aus, NZ, Pak, SL and any of them win, you win money? That's bizarre, surely India aren't that big favourites.
If I did my math right, you could literally put even money on 7 of the teams there and still walk away with a small profit if any of them win.

Quite ridiculous. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, or I might actually give this a shot...

kiwiviktor81

If I did my math right, you could literally put even money on 7 of the teams there and still walk away with a small profit if any of them win.

Quite ridiculous. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, or I might actually give this a shot...
In theory you could just bet against India. You can lay them at $3.80. So if you're willing to risk $380 you can make $100 if India don't win.

zorax

likes this
In theory you could just bet against India. You can lay them at $3.80. So if you're willing to risk $380 you can make $100 if India don't win.
If I bet 700 against India, I win 184 if they lose.

If I bet 100 on each of South Africa/England/New Zealand/West Indies/Sri Lanka/Pakistan/Bangladesh (total 700), At worst I earn 100 if SA win, and at best I earn 3900 if BD win. I earn quite a decent amount too if SL/Pak/NZ win. The only spanner in the works would be if Aus win.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If I bet 700 against India, I win 184 if they lose.

If I bet 100 on each of South Africa/England/New Zealand/West Indies/Sri Lanka/Pakistan/Bangladesh (total 700), At worst I earn 100 if SA win, and at best I earn 3900 if BD win. I earn quite a decent amount too if SL/Pak/NZ win. The only spanner in the works would be if Aus win.
If you bet:

140.42 on South Africa
137.00 on England
117.02 on New Zealand
133.74 on West Indies
64.19 on Sri Lanka
82.21 on Pakistan
24.42 on Bangladesh

.. then you'll win 423.38 as long as India/Australia don't win.

zorax

likes this
If you bet:

140.42 on South Africa
137.00 on England
117.02 on New Zealand
133.74 on West Indies
64.19 on Sri Lanka
82.21 on Pakistan
24.42 on Bangladesh

.. then you'll win 423.38 as long as India/Australia don't win.
I so want to do this. Thats a 60% return on investment if Ind and Aus fail.

Maybe I'll give it a shot, but with much lower stakes. How long are these odds available for?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have no idea if the odds KV posted are still current lol, I was just working theoretically based on the OP.

Daemon

So I ended up doing this, but thankfully subbed SL with WI. Easy cash. Had a cheeky 5er on Bangladesh as well but you can't ask for too much.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's not "easy" cash, India were pretty close to making the final. But it was a good bet no doubt.