• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What went wrong in the Ashes series?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cook vs. Warner is close, it maybe would depend on who my other opener is I reckon.

Tangles

Rogers retiring and a lack of options gives Warner a lot of security in the team. I would like him to score more 1st innings runs and have less brain explosions once set but that's not likely to happen. Some match awareness wouldn't go astray either. His aggressive style comes with risks but it works really well at home. So well he just always bats in that mode. If they punt on Bancroft the team can't afford that every innings.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Because Cook would wahhh about Warner being a douche, and Warner would find Cook boring as bat ****.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thread plot twist:
What went right these Ashes?

- only as good as your last game
- Peter Siddle
- Nathan Lyon stood up

stephen

I thought that Warner batted really well in this Ashes series, despite being undone by a few good balls. If he failed at all, it was at converting his starts into big hundreds. He never really got out being too aggressive at the start of his innings.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah Warner was generally getting out to good bowling rather than playing dumb shots like his middle order colleagues.

Grafted his way to an absolute shocker of a 50 2nd dig at Cardiff when the ball just seemed determined to only find the edge of his bat; lack of application at the crease is not an accusation that could be levelled at Warner this series.

Spark

Global Moderator
He played a few dumb shots, but usually when set. If a few of our middle order colleagues had at least gotten that far (except Cardiff. God that ****ed us over) then we might be talking about a very different series.

Compton

The criticism of Warner is strange, because even when he didn't score in this series, he done a pretty good job of seeing off the new ball.

Also, criticising Warner in general after that series is madness.