• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team has the best chance to stop Australia??

Rik

warrioryohannan said:
Yup, i agree with them, i don't think we can add any other team to that list!
Well I would like to add England to that list as they were so close in the 2nd final. It is in games like this that the Aussies allways seem to have that final bit of luck. But it was a great game according to Si and I think England have showed that most teams can beat Australia on their day, if not consistantly. Remember England were playing Irani, who will not play for England after this World Cup, and hopefully won't play in it...

Tim

Wasn't someone before the start of the VB Series defending Irani, saying he was on the rise in English cricket?
I think i might try & dig the comment up.

Rik

Tim said:
Wasn't someone before the start of the VB Series defending Irani, saying he was on the rise in English cricket?
I think i might try & dig the comment up.
I didn't say he was amazing but I thought he was doing really well. But a batting average of 7.40 in 10 games and a bowling average in the high 40s in a series is just pathetic. If a player is in such bad form why keep playing him? The rise of English cricket...hmmm well Irani never was the reason for the rise, players like Collingwood and Flintoff along with Knight and Trescothick were.

Tim

I didn't say he was part of the rise of English cricket, i said HE was on the rise in English cricket.

Rik

Tim said:
I didn't say he was part of the rise of English cricket, i said HE was on the rise in English cricket.
Well I didn't say that, I just said he was doing surprisingly well :rolleyes:

anzac

in recent times NZ has one of the best records v Australia. This is because of the fierce competitve nature between the 2 nations in any sport, yet at the same time there is still the very real probability that the Aussies would give them a caning as they did in the ICC Tourney, or pull the game out of the bag as Bevan did in the VB Series last year, or they did again in the WC S/F in India.

NZ has then mental attitude / toughness, while Pakistan & South Africa have the squad & talent, but have a mental block against taking it to the Aussies.

India have the batsmen but not the bowlers nor the mental toughness. NZ out psyched them when they won the ICC Tourney in Kenya.

SL have the batsmen but their bowling strengths will be blunted on these pitches.

WI could be the sleeper team as I think the pitches should suit their game as much as the likes of SA, OZ & PAK.

England are improving - they may be challengers but are not yet contenders as the others. They could surprise but I worry about their mental toughness after their Aussie tour.

But we have all seen upsets & all of the above are capable of beating any of the others.

:)