• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you neutrals want to win?

Who do neutrals want to win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daemon

Well ideally I would like the greatest amount of total wahhh accumulated from both sides over the series, but as I've previously mentioned, colonialism and beating us 2-1 at home is just unforgiveable.

Adders

Great idea for a thread zinzan.....will be interested in how this pans out. Also good for the neutrals to have a place to post once they get arseholed from the main threads on Thursday :laugh:

S.Kennedy

I was a neutral - well actually I wasn't haha, I was supporting India - during the last Border-Gavaskar and Australia's unexpected victory in the 1st Test at Pune was the best thing to happen for the series as it opened the thing up and we were in for a wonderful series and not the white-wash some predicted. If I was a neutral for this I'd want an England victory in Brisbane for similar reasons.

Athlai

Not Terrible
My opinion changes over time. Right now I’m sitting at a point where I’m not supporting either and just want the most dramatic cricket, if someone falls behind in the series I’ll root for them.

_Ed_

My opinion changes over time. Right now I’m sitting at a point where I’m not supporting either and just want the most dramatic cricket, if someone falls behind in the series I’ll root for them.
Yeah, it varies for me too - generally based on which team I find more likeable at the time (often it's whoever is the underdog). Leaning towards England for this one.

zorax

likes this
I don't care who wins I just want both sides to be miserable after the series is done (ie - most accumulated waaah possible)

Daemon

I don't care who wins I just want both sides to be miserable after the series is done (ie - most accumulated waaah possible)
0-0 going into the final test thanks to boring flat and slow wickets. Stokes is flown back to play. Ian Bell recalled.

Smith/Lehmann drops Lyon for Agar, Handscomb for Stoinis and Paine for Wade. Starc and Cummins break down mid test. Stoinis picks up the crucial final wicket on Day 5 thanks to a brilliant Wade stumping but wait! It's a no-ball. Series tied.

Heboric

Its always a toughie, its like being asked: 'You have two choices, either you get kicked in the head or the groin - which one is it"

I picked Australia, at home I guess. Lets just hope it is a decent series for a change.

Adders

I don't think I get the last 2 posts. When you say Australia because they are at home, sounds like you are picking the team you think will win rather than the team you're hoping will.

Or if I have misunderstood, why would being at home tip the balance for you in which team you'll root for as a neutral?? All other things being equal I would have thought the opposite as teams winning at home is so meh and away victories so rare these days.

Stapel

Through the years, I have learned that I find it hard to support Australia or Pakistan.

I watch all my test cricket as a neutral. I pick favourite players, rather than favourite teams. Which is as odd as it sounds, I guess.

Stapel

I don't think I get the last 2 posts. When you say Australia because they are at home, sounds like you are picking the team you think will win rather than the team you're hoping will.

Or if I have misunderstood, why would being at home tip the balance for you in which team you'll root for as a neutral?? All other things being equal I would have thought the opposite as teams winning at home is so meh and away victories so rare these days.
If you're actually going...... It's quite easy to soak up the atmosphere and root along.

Fuller Pilch

Its a really tough one. It would be great for England to win just to hear the Ch 9 reaction, and I'd like Shane Bond to succeed (I know he's only there for the 1st 2 tests), but the English are sooooo insufferable when they win - perhaps worse than the Aussies. Also as a Kiwi it would be better to beat England after they'd won the Ashes rather than on the back of a 4 or 5-0 thrashing. After some thought I will go for a 2-2 draw or the Anzac brethren in a close one.

Last edited: