• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will you be supporting for the Final?

Perm

Either India will win or Pakistan will lose. Take your pick.
Good call really, I think it's largely agreed that Pakistan are the better team, which doesn't count for that much IMO. If they play solid cricket it will take an amazing effort from India to beat them.

R_D

i see it this way...which team has done well through out the tournment ... pakistan hasn't lost any matche.. defeated scotland, Sri Lanka, Aus, new zealand and tied thier match with india... considering this amazing performance they totally deserve to win he cup...

india has been lucky all along.... their win against pak was a fluke... and have lost a couple matches also.. they dont even deserve to be in the final.. SA should have been in for India ...

considering all that i support pakistan
8-)
Can you enlighten us on why they don't deserve to go through ?

SJS

WHO THEY THINK WILL WIN

The 'Objective' Outsiders

Dennis Lillee -
India slightfavourites but...

The planets have lined up and there is something very special on the menu at the Wanderers. One thing is certain, if the qualifiers are an indication, the action will be fast and furious.

Both teams are bristling with talent but I can't help feeling that the key to the game lies in the pocket of India's Yuvraj Singh....His meeting with Umar Gul...makes for an intriguing proposition. I would think India would start as slight favourites because of Yuvraj's red hot form but Pakistan openers Hafeez and Nazir are a valuable pairing.

The stage is set for a mouth watering contest.

Mike Hussey -
Difficult to say

Its really difficult to say who is going to win the tournament. ..both teams have played some superb cricket throughout the tournament. Both are confident balanced line ups and have great talents to make a match for each other.

Steve Waugh -
Form versus momentum - India are due

Both are entitled to feel that they are the ones who have the edge though Pakistan look like the form team with their bowlers coming good in every game.The more experienced members of the side like Shahid Afridi seem to be enjoying the team environment which is helping them to perform to their full potential. Like India, Pakistan too are playing without stalwarts. This is helping the lesser known players, who seem more comfortable in their own skin and are playing without the burden of expectations.

The story is not very different in the Indian camp. If Pakistan are the form side, then India are the ones with momentum. They have played some high intensity games in the tournament which has helped them improve with every outing. I also feel the Indians are due to a final victory. They have come close on a couple of occasions in the recent past, so maybe their time has come
.​

Those More emotionally involved :)

Imran Khan -
Difficult to choose

The heartening news is that both teams have new-look teams. They have given us an indication of the future and the good thing is that there is still plenty of talent in both countries.

It is difficult to choose favourites. They are both young sides with great energy and enthusiasm. All I can say is that the team that keeps the intensity going will win.

Wasim Akram -
Pakistan but...

I believe the new Pakistan team has it in them to beat anyone.....People have matured over time with the increasing ties between the two countries. Therefore, I dont expect them to react violently even if Pakistan lose

Rameez Raja -
Pakistan

Pakistan has the perfect combination to win the title. The team is oozing with confidence and the self belief in the people will be the key. Its a good sign that they have got into the habit of winning matches.

Ravi Shastri -
Even stevens

India and Pakistan start on even keel. Its amazing how (One of the) teams that were knocked out so early in the ODI World Cup will actuallly lift the trophy on Monday night.

Madan Lal -
No opinion :)

Let's not compare the two teams(India 1983 and India 2007). The present (Indian) team is doing well. Dhoni should be appreciated for his cptaincy skills and looks well cut out for the job. I wish him and the team avery good luck.

Roger Binny -
India

There ia world of difference between the two teams . We were no where compared to the Australians but beating them in the semis was a big boost for us. The present side looks unstoppable

Balwinder Sandhu -
India if...

T20 is a different ball game. Today's youngsters are conversant withthis form of cricket. The common factor between the two teams is that we are not the favourites. We can win if the players bowl cleverly.​

PakPowered

i see it this way...which team has done well through out the tournment ... pakistan hasn't lost any matche.. defeated scotland, Sri Lanka, Aus, new zealand and tied thier match with india... considering this amazing performance they totally deserve to win he cup...

india has been lucky all along.... their win against pak was a fluke... and have lost a couple matches also.. they dont even deserve to be in the final.. SA should have been in for India ...

You are talking rubbish, whatever matches India won they won by hard work, yes they may have luck with them (as did Pakistan) but you need some luck to win 20 over matches.

PakPowered

pakistan hasn't lost any matche

Perhpas, now is the time

considering this amazing performance they totally deserve to win he cup...

Everyone who plays to their potential deserves to win

india has been lucky all along.

It takes more than luck to beat big teams ( England who are more pro in 20/20's, beating SA with a low score at home and beating the giant that too in a SEMI final )

their win against pak was a fluke.

On the contrary, Pak had won the game, India pulled a tie from jaws of defeat

and have lost a couple matches also

Hmm, Didn't they only lose to NZ , by just 10 runs

they dont even deserve to be in the final

Read my posts again

SA should have been in for India

With them in the Final, Pak wouldn't stand a chance. Atleast now, its 60/40

BTW, I too think Pak will win coz they have been focussed on this format since a long time and they would wanna give some respite to their fans after all the debacles in their team since last year

I sincerely hope if they win, they should dedicate it to Bob Woolmer - would be a nice touch that too in South Africa

I agree with your post except the statement that had SA qualified for final , Pak would have no chance.I think Pak's chances against SA would have been far far far better than against the likes of Aus and India (which are really playing well right now).SA is not a team of finals, no matter how manny times Smith denies and blames format and other things, its clear that they always chokes in knock out games.

biased indian

From the begining fo the this tournament i wanted either india or pakistan to win this.and i was very happy wiht both of them reachhing the final.and i am going to watch a ind pak match for the first time with out any tension...

but when i see the post as above,,it make me to support india 100% and get all the tension into my head......:)

SJS

From the begining fo the this tournament i wanted either india or pakistan to win this.and i was very happy wiht both of them reachhing the final.and i am going to watch a ind pak match for the first time with out any tension...

but when i see the post as above,,it make me to support india 100% and get all the tension into my head......:)
Come on BI ignore it.

Anyway, such people will always exist and never forget they come from every country including India. :)

Lets enjoy and celeberate what promises to be a great match.

anoop4real

Come on BI ignore it.

Anyway, such people will always exist and never forget they come from every country including India. :)

Lets enjoy and celeberate what promises to be a great match.
Thats right let's enjoy the match.......

JASON

Pakistan, only because I thought they were unlucky to be declared losers of the tied match between the 2 teams, and the fact that they are unbeaten...they came from really disastrous positions against us (SL) and Australia to win handsomely....

India has a young team with lots of talented players headed of course by Yuvraj....it will be fireworks all over if he gets going...:laugh:

Raghav

A double whammy ?? Beat India and ALSO win the tournament ?

WOW !
Yes. two things to sort out for Pak here...

They need to beat Ind... tit for tat

They need to win the tourney...

They will do it for sure

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Two people have already said that they think Pakistan's gonna win it but they're supporting India, so no you're completely wrong.
WOW, A WHOLE 2 POSTS SAID SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!

IMO 1 thread could have been made and the exact same things said in both with nothing omitted that would have come-out with an extra thread.

Perm

IMO 1 thread could have been made and the exact same things said in both with nothing omitted that would have come-out with an extra thread.
They are clearly different questions Richard, obviously the vast majority of people will answer in the same way, but I don't see the need to over-react like this, particularly given some of the threads you've started, or applauded, in the past.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've always been a stickler for unneccessary duplicate or near-duplicate threads, even if I have started (and "applauded") some random and fairly useless threads.

I don't really think I've over-reacted either TBH. If I'd been posting 3 times an hour saying "merge them FFS!" maybe.

Perm

I've always been a stickler for unneccessary duplicate or near-duplicate threads, even if I have started (and "applauded") some random and fairly useless threads.

I don't really think I've over-reacted either TBH. If I'd been posting 3 times an hour saying "merge them FFS!" maybe.
To me, that is an over-reaction, and there was an un-needed tone in that response.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I only used the CAPS bit because of Uag saying "you're completely wrong". If someone is patronising to me, I return the favour.