• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's going to win the World Cup?

Who's going to win the World Cup?

• Argentina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canada

• Fiji

• France

• Georgia

• Italy

• Samoa

• Scotland

• South Africa

• Tonga

• United States

• Uruguay

• Total voters

Burgey

New Zealand. By the length of the Flemington straight, after only turning up at half time in the final in order to make a bit of a game of it.

Australia won't make it out of their group, after the players go on strike when the silver spoons they were all born with in their mouths are confiscated by an over zealous customs officer at the Tokyo First Class priority customs desk, and the requisite sedan chairs don't turn up to take them to training like they've been used to since mummy and daddy arranged for them to be so conveyed to private school when they were kids. Hope we lose by 50 to Fiji and by 80 to Uruguay.

Bahnz

I'd love it for Ireland or Wales to get up and win this one, but yeah it'll be the All Blacks.

Niall

I'd love it for Ireland or Wales to get up and win this one, but yeah it'll be the All Blacks.
Wales the most likely of the two as have slightly kinder draw. I think Ireland after watching them in the six nations should be a little worried, very possible they get ambushed by South Africa in the quarter final. SA for that matter could do well, although maybe a little early for them.

Its a dull call, but NZ should win it overall.

StephenZA

Wales the most likely of the two as have slightly kinder draw. I think Ireland after watching them in the six nations should be a little worried, very possible they get ambushed by South Africa in the quarter final. SA for that matter could do well, although maybe a little early for them.

Its a dull call, but NZ should win it overall.
No they will not.... SA rugby is a mess. Not Australia mess, but a mess nonetheless.

StephenZA

It is better to discuss who will meet NZ in the final, more interesting. I am hoping Ireland or Wales.

Howe_zat

I'd love to see Japan make waves in this world cup. I don't really see them getting out of the group unfortunately.

Smudge

Not getting too carried away with our hopes this year. For once (other than the four flyhalves situation in 2011), if we cop a few key injuries leading up to - or during the tournament - I expect our lack of depth will be exposed a little.

That said a possible XV of (take your pick on those combinations) will be pretty tough to bowl:

15. Smith, B/Barrett, B
14. Smith, B/Bridge
13. Goodhue/Lienert-Brown
12. Crotty/Lienert-Brown
11. Ioane
10. Barrett, B/Mo'unga
9. Smith, A
8. Read
7. Savea/Cane
6. Squire/S Barrett
5. Whitelock
4. Retallick
3. Franks
2. Taylor
1. Moody

the big bambino

If the wallybies don’t win it’ll be Israel Folaus fault. I think deadbeats like Phipps and Kafer will be using that excuse for the rest of their miserable lives.

Flem274*

123/5
im not so confident this time round. 2015 all blacks were op, this team is beatable. very strong, but beatable.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Came in via New Posts and voted before realising it was Rugby

Still a bad choice, but

Niall

No they will not.... SA rugby is a mess. Not Australia mess, but a mess nonetheless.
From what I have seen last few weeks South Africa are no mess on the pitch. They have a lovely group and play Ireland in a semi final a side who have a terrible record at the knock out stages of world cups and are coming of a rotten Six Nations.

That's a very winnable match for South Africa which would put them in a semi final and then who could you say with any great confidence bar possibly NZ are strong favs to beat them?

Grasshopper

Every so often the Crims hand the ABs a good old fashioned ass-whooping, and today was one of those days.

Well done, Australia. This feels like 1991 all over again.