• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies win

honestbharani

I think the Windies winning this tournament and England being the runners up is almost like the perfect script. Cricket needs a strong England and West Indies team and like I posted earlier in another thread, I think the WINDIES needed to win this more than England simply because England already have their test achievements to show and the Windies had nothing so far. But at the end of it all, after such an outstanding final, I have to say that cricket was the biggest winner yesterday.

Craig

World Traveller
Simply great, one of my top ODIs I have seen, and all I can say about the comeback is wow.

I hope that this helps turns West Indies cricket around, although I know that this doesn't mean they have turned the corner.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
TendulkarFan said:
I loved his response to Bishop after the game when asked if this was the best moment of his career - "ya man."
Such a polite young man too - after the semi-final against Pakistan, he craned his neck and terminated the presentation interview with "Thank you very much, Mister Bishop".

I laughed until I stopped.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Craig said:
Simply great, one of my top ODIs I have seen, and all I can say about the comeback is wow.

I hope that this helps turns West Indies cricket around, although I know that this doesn't mean they have turned the corner.
Lots of basic level kinks to be sorted first, but at least they have the enthusiasm and are learning to field now.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A cracking game, and a sensational end.

Well played to the 2 -if I hadn't been on the way out, I was going to put something on at 160-8, I had a bad feeling.

cbuts

****en amazing game to watch. we were out in town on sat night but we ended up at the sports bar to watch the end. it was going off.