• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Women's Twenty20 World Cup

Naumaan

English Girls are the best, i think their men team should learn something from their girls
it's not just about ashes, T20 Championships & ODI world Cups mean alot too
BTW Congratulations to England :)

SpaceMonkey

If this was the mens team they'd all be Knighted by tomorrow! Yet i bet the women get no such recognition not even MBEs! :@

four_or_six

Funny enough i thought this was a team game :unsure:

Didnt the entire mens team get an MBE just for winning 1 Ashes series? Vaughen got an OBE if my memory is right.
The MBE's and so on are more meant to be about being an ambassador for the sport, really. Often the captain gets one in a team game.

It's the gong's after the Ashes that were daft, rather than the current one given only to Edwards.

grecian

Caught a bit of this the other day. Is amazing how much Claire Taylor with her helmet on looks like Ian Bell. And how much all the blondes look like Nathan Bracken.

I was thinking Stuart Broad myself.

Anyway well done, well deserved. Clearly the Aussies match up quite well against England, for whatever reason, but we're so much more dominant against the other sides, that we're clearly the best.

and there aren't many sports we can say that about:unsure:

Huzzah:)

Dydl

Intended to link this yesterday, but must have forgotten.

Best XI of this tournament, named by the ICC's panel of experts.

No real surprises. Shelley Nitschke the only Australian, just like the ODI WC equivalent from March.

Faisal1985

There is a big "Competitive Gap" between the Asian teams and the other teams. NZ, ENG, AUS, SA have a much higher level of game play then any of the Asian teams.

Not all the teams should get ODI caps automatically in Women Cricket as well there has to be a standard as is in the Men's team.