• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Politics Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Woke up to the news that the Islamic State Bulldozed the world heritage site of Nimrud destroying large parts of it. So annoying.

Dan

Global Moderator
I hear we're looking to sign a non-aggression pact with Mars next week, while free trade negotiations with Neptune are going swimmingly.

watson

Banned
Stonewall Jackson was outraged. His entire body shook in anger as he looked around him at what had been done to the city of Fredericksburg. He saw the pianos and the works of art and the crystal chandeliers smashed and ruined on the streets. He saw elegant furniture that had been wantonly vandalized and the remains of elegant, leather-bound books that had been burned for kindling. But it was the churches – the churches – that infuriated him most. Houses of God were pocked with bullet holes and charred by cannon shot. This was a crime against God – a despicable blasphemy – and it very nearly made him weep.

Dr. McGuire, who was seldom far from Jackson’s side, shook his head in revulsion. “What can we do about this kind of barbaric behavior?”

Jackson’s voice trembled. “Kill ‘em,” he said. “Kill ‘em all.”

From 'No Greater Courage' by Richard Croker

Agent Nationaux

Lol it was just a joke.

But if you want to take the piss, then if it's multiple states involved it should go in a World Politics thread and not British politics. Similarly if there are multiple planets involved as in Dan's post then Solar System politics thread.

duffer

Remember those insane India-PaK wars we had on here before? I'll try and dig them up but man Sanz and co were brutal. Hope we see better moderation in here cos that would be the only thing that worries me.

Agent Nationaux

Why shouldn't it?

If the US invades Pakistan, where would you put it? Pak politics thread or the US politics thread? Why not have a geo political/world politics thread for issues involving multiple states and have the state political threads for internal state issues.

andmark

AN, is correct. I've wondered what would happen on here if there was an Indo-Pakistan war (a potential conflict which is very possible at some point) and so this thread would be good for it. I wonder if the India and Pakistan politics threads would invade each other :p

G.I.Joe

AN, is correct. I've wondered what would happen on here if there was an Indo-Pakistan war (a potential conflict which is very possible at some point) and so this thread would be good for it. I wonder if the India and Pakistan politics threads would invade each other :p
We'd nuke 'em to dust. obviously. The only Pakistanis left posting here would be the ones settled outside the country. Nice knowing you, Xuhaib and Dawood.

Dan

Global Moderator
Why shouldn't it?

If the US invades Pakistan, where would you put it? Pak politics thread or the US politics thread? Why not have a geo political/world politics thread for issues involving multiple states and have the state political threads for internal state issues.
I suspect that a major event like that would have its own thread, but this is an incredibly tedious discussion so I'm going to stop.

Cevno

There was no Bangladesh politics thread so didn't know where to post it, but that Murder of Blogger Avjit Roy in Bangladesh was absolutely shocking and disgusting. The pics of him on ground and her wife in blood was so sickening and tragic.

Atheist blogger Avijit Roy 'was not just a person ? he was a movement' | World news | The Guardian

Avijit Roy's murder was planned well ahead | Zee News

Avijit Roy was hacked to death for his secular views. Let?s share his story | Alom Shaha | Comment is free | The Guardian