• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would you travel to Pakistan?

Would you tour Pakistan as apart of your countries Champs Trophy squad?

• Total voters

James

Cricket Web Owner
Would be interesting to hear how many of you would travel to Pakistan if you put yourself in the shoes of an international cricketer right now.

_Ed_

For me it's a matter of what kind of international cricketer you are. I'd be concerned over security issues, but if I were a player having his first ever opportunity to play international cricket for his country, an opportunity that may never come again if I didn't take it, I think it would be extremely hard to say no.

On the other hand, if I were a guy whose position in the side is reasonably secure I think I'd decide against it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd go as an England player but I personally would not go there at the minute

Sanz

For me it's a matter of what kind of international cricketer you are. I'd be concerned over security issues, but if I were a player having his first ever opportunity to play international cricket for his country, an opportunity that may never come again if I didn't take it, I think it would be extremely hard to say no.

On the other hand, if I were a guy whose position in the side is reasonably secure I think I'd decide against it.
Like I said, I'd go anywhere and at any time to play for my country.
I dont think the question was asked on the presumption of going there as a player representing your country.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Would be interesting to hear how many of you would travel to Pakistan if you put yourself in the shoes of an international cricketer right now.
Is that right?

In any case. I wouldn't go if it wasn't to represent my country because I have absolutely no interest in going there. I like where I am and have no want or desire to go there. Security issues aside.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd vote to go, but if there was a consensus amongst my teammates not to I wouldn't break ranks either.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I honestly don't know. It's not a decision I'm ever likely to need to take, so I've never thought it through.

And it's certainly not a decision I could make on a whim. I don't really like travel at the best of times TBH, I'm totally happy in the British Isles (fiancee can't fathom that, she loves nothing more than going overseas) and if I don't ever have to go overseas for business purposes I doubt I will very much in my life.

I'm also silly about the dangers of overseas - because of my lack of desire to go there. I get worred about my Dad whenever he goes to the USA, simply because of the gun culture. I have no idea what it entails - all I know is it's far worse than it is in the UK where I'm used to so therefore I fear it.

I'd probably worry about any family members if they went to South Africa too (much as I love the cricket team) purely because I know the crime-rate is so much higher than what I'm used to.

Anything which is different and which you know is worse, even if it only means going from miniscule to small, will inevitably hold fear.

Craig

World Traveller
I went undecided, I mean I love travelling so the option would be quite tempting, but I don't know all the facts about the sercurity issue in Pakistan, as the media can be quite biased a lot of the time.

Jakester1288

No. I wouldn't. I am kind of undecided, however in the end I know I wouldn't be concentrating on Cricket. I would find it impossible with the political state of their country. I'd give the tour a miss, and train back in Australia.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
For example, Dan Cullen saying the young players should back the senior ones:
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24086556-5006372,00.html
We had a similar situation in the 2003 WC when our blokes refused to go to Zimbabwe. From what I read at the time Alec Stewart was of the opinion we should've gone, played & left with as little fuss as possible, but towed the party line for the sake of unity when the majority didn't want to.

Obviously Stewie was a v senior pro by then, but same sort of point, anyway.

four_or_six

We had a similar situation in the 2003 WC when our blokes refused to go to Zimbabwe. From what I read at the time Alec Stewart was of the opinion we should've gone, played & left with as little fuss as possible, but towed the party line for the sake of unity when the majority didn't want to.

Obviously Stewie was a v senior pro by then, but same sort of point, anyway.
Yeah, that's true actually. I'd forgotten about that.