• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my gears? II

James

Cricket Web Owner
"Wow, who'd have thought adding heaps of flash games and a whole new forum code would increase traffic on an already strained server?"
I wasn't actually told things were getting strained until yesterday, when the problems really started occurred. If I knew this weeks ago, I would have acted sooner. No matter what you or others might think, I work really hard to keep things as stable as possible, and give 100%.

It comes down more to there being so many threads with thousands and thousands of posts in them which puts a constant strain on the database. As I developed all the database work around the flash games, I was able to control that better, and consider load, etc on that particular database.

Precambrian

Banned
Management putting cameras everywhere at work

****s.
AWTA.

I was cozying upto this girl, and things got very steamy. And we moved into the empty corridor in our office and started making out. Suddenly, my eyes noticed the bloody camera on the top of the door staring at us. Boy, I got a shiver so huge that I woke up in a cold sweat in my bed. Thank god, it was just a DREAM!!

The next day I went to office, this girl came and spoke to me, and am like WTF. She notices my discomfort and asked me why. I managed to stave off the temptation thanks to my premonition really.

Johnners

I wasn't actually told things were getting strained until yesterday, when the problems really started occurred. If I knew this weeks ago, I would have acted sooner. No matter what you or others might think, I work really hard to keep things as stable as possible, and give 100%.

It comes down more to there being so many threads with thousands and thousands of posts in them which puts a constant strain on the database. As I developed all the database work around the flash games, I was able to control that better, and consider load, etc on that particular database.
FTR, I doubt many people would think otherwise :)

luffy

Yeah, AWTA.

I think we can make exceptions for some people that might think that way, tbh.

No names.

James

Cricket Web Owner
This forum seemingly always being down.
Although there's still downtime, it has approved a little I'd say. I've got a window open on my computer that I'm looking at constantly to keep an eye on things, and can restart a couple of services before things really go crazy. I don't think there's been more than 15 minutes of downtime straight in the past 24 hours due to me doing this.

I've asked for an ETA on the server upgrade too. Trust me, there's no one who this annoys more than me, and I'm keeping on top of it as best I can. I would really hope that by mid week, everything should be running faster than ever before when the upgrade is completed.

I'll certainly keep everyone updated via that thread in the Downtime forum, and I'm more than happy to answer any questions over MSN that anyone may have.

luffy

Yeah mate, we know how hard it is for you, and just hope you keep doing the work that your doing currently.

But it's just a tad annoying when it's like a 10 minute downtime. It's not the end of the world, just a tad annoying.

But as said, keep up the good work.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah mate, we know how hard it is for you, and just hope you keep doing the work that your doing currently.

But it's just a tad annoying when it's like a 10 minute downtime. It's not the end of the world, just a tad annoying..
Definitely annoying, but a little better than the 45-60 minute downtimes we were having before.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't mind there being downtime, it happens at most forums, the CW ones always seem to clash with my lunch break at work though :laugh: