• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your surprise Packets and biggest flops

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nibblet said:
i think that Denmark will surprise a few and in the process repeat their heroics of 1992.

I think they'll have done well to even get out of the Group stage.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Back in 1992 there weren't sides with anywhere near as much quality as we have in about 5 or 6 of the sides playing here (and in 1992 it was only an 8 team tournament)

Craig

World Traveller
Still nobody would of given them a chance even when they came in as 11th hour replacement's for Yugoslavia.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Totti for me

Oh, sorry. I thought you said 'Biggest flob'.

I hope the disgusting piece of filth gets banned for the entire tournament.

superkingdave

broncoman said:
For me, portugal striker Pauleta will win the golden boot, hes been in good form for Paris Saint Germain in Ligue 1 over the past month. hes gonna surprise a lot of people and become a hosehold name in the next year or 2. You cant really call Arjen Robben a curprise packet as we all know how good hes gonna be, but he could well turn out to be player of the tournament, hes been out for the last month with injury, so it will be interesting to see if he can get over that.

Flops... Henrik Larsson, should have stayed in retirement. Hes gonna regret this comeback i feel. The Germans. They have a tough group and most of their best players arent at the top of their game. Could escape embaresment by beating Latvia.

What are a couple of tips of yours??.........

It's a bit early too tell but at the moment all your proficies appear to be completely spot on ;)

Simon

WCC Staff
haha yeh im going well!

Larsson killed em, Pauleta hasnt scored in his 2 games and Robben didnt even play in the first game for holland. And Germany havent been the worst team so far!

Craig

World Traveller
The thing is, I have read comments on how bad this German team is, yet they have a very good record at World Cups and at European Championships.

People talk about Spain being underachievers, what about England? They are yet to win one despite some awesome players England has had since 1968 (the first Euro tournament England competed in).

Then again maybe we can blame Gareth Southgate.

twctopcat

broncoman said:
Flops... Henrik Larsson, should have stayed in retirement. Hes gonna regret this comeback i feel.
Whoops! He's underrated, always thought he'd get some goals, even though they've just been against Bulgaria.

Simon

WCC Staff
he looked right at home though. hes gonna find it a bit tougher against Cannavaro and Nesta though....

Craig

World Traveller
And Massimo Oddo.

Alessandro Nesta IMO is the best defender in the world, and Sweden will definatly not be getting any gifts by the Italian defence. And even if they did, Italy have the best keeper in the world in Gianliugi Buffon, and then execellent deputy in Francesco Toldo.

Toldo would IMO be first choice for any other country except Italy, and that is including Spain, Germany and Holland (Toldo being 1st choice).

Ok I might be a little bit biased to Inter. Then again I have given praises to Buffon and Nesta and I don't excatly like Juventus or AC Milan.

Craig

World Traveller
luckyeddie said:
3 match ban for Totti.

Maybe he'll keep his bodily fluids to himself from now on.
Then Antinio Cassano will play IMO.

Now the world will see how good he is.

Cloete

broncoman said:
yeh will be interesting to see how he goes..
Well... if he's anything like the annoying little ***** is on CM we should have a winner.

But seriously I'v eheard good things about Cassano on Serie A reports and the like.

Last edited:

thewizard1o1

Portugal's 5 man midfield has done next to nothing for Pauleta thus far in the Euros. In the game againt Greece he got about 5 touches and everytime was closed down by the two centre backs.

I never thought i would hear Larsson and flop in the one sentence :mellow: