• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your team for The Ashes 21/22

Lillian Thomson

Just over two years away and players will emerge who we're not currently aware of, plus players can miss series through injury or wrongful arrest.

All things being equal I can only put Root, Stokes and Archer as the nearest things to certainties. The rest need help.

TheJediBrah

Aus:

Patterson
Pucovski
Labuschagne
Smith
Finch (c)
Maxwell/Handscomb
Carey
Pattinson/Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Lyon

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Might as well try some things:

C Bancroft
K Patterson
M Labuschagne
S Smith
M Marsh
W Pucovski
J Doran+
C Green
P Cummins c
J Richardson
N Lyon

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Burns
Hassan Azad
Hain
Root
Stokes*
Pope
Buttler+
Curran, S
Leach
Archer
Broad

Few punts on the batting front, but sure all XI will play tests between now and then.

John1990

Just over two years away and players will emerge who we're not currently aware of, plus players can miss series through injury or wrongful arrest.

All things being equal I can only put Root, Stokes and Archer as the nearest things to certainties. The rest need help.
Burns (c)
Sibley
Root
Stokes
Pope
Buttler
Foakes (wk)(vc)
S Curran
Archer
Leach
Broad

vs

Burns
Pucovski
Labuschagne (c)
Smith
Head
M Marsh
Carey/Wade (wk)
Starc
Cummins (vc)
Lyon
Hazlewood

Last edited:

BSM

Burns
Hassan Azad
Hain
Root
Stokes*
Pope
Buttler+
Curran, S
Leach
Archer
Broad

Few punts on the batting front, but sure all XI will play tests between now and then.
Don't think Curran will ever develop his bowling enough to be first-change in an ashes series in australia. Think his most likely progression is as a top 6 batsman

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
Matt Renshaw
Kurtis Patterson
Will Pukovski
Steve Smith
Marnus Labuschagne
Ashton Turner
Alex Carey +*
Pat Cummins
James Pattinson
Nathan Lyon
Josh Hazelwood

Michael Neser
Mitchell Starc

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Renshaw
Phillipe
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Pucovski
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Richardson
Lyon

The two beanpole blond bowling allrounders in Green and Sutherland may well be around the setup too

Daemon

Don't think Curran will ever develop his bowling enough to be first-change in an ashes series in australia. Think his most likely progression is as a top 6 batsman
He’s a 7.5 with the bat and 3.5 with the ball. His selection depends highly on how the rest of the team is doing.

TheJediBrah

Renshaw
Phillipe
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Pucovski
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Richardson
Lyon

The two beanpole blond bowling allrounders in Green and Sutherland may well be around the setup too
I forgot about Philippe, would love for him to really kick on. Great talent, got all the shots, just needs to tighten up his game (a lot) and play less loose shots.

Also looks a bit like Steve Smith which can only help

GoodAreasShane

I forgot about Philippe, would love for him to really kick on. Great talent, got all the shots, just needs to tighten up his game (a lot) and play less loose shots.

Also looks a bit like Steve Smith which can only help
I seriously think he looks a good player. Obviously he needs to really kick on at Shield level first, wouldn't pick him just for the sake of it, but we have seen glimpses of his ability

Second Spitter

Unpopular opinion: I feel there's a greater chance of Renshaw going "full Hameed" than reclaiming his place in the Test team.