• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Avatar Challenges

PhoenixFire

Geraint Is My Hero - If England do not reach the semis, I will have my avatar showing ANYTHING, to be chosen by the first Australian to respond to this thread.

Pasag - Also if an Australian is not the leading run scorer for the Cup, I'll put whoever is, in my avatar for a month after all other challenges are met.

Richard - I will change my avatar if England make the semis...

Shortpitched713 - If Australia win the World Cup, I will change my avatar to one of Ricky Ponting for one year.

Natman20 - If Australia win the cup then my avatar will not change but if another country wins then I will put an image as my avatar to make me look as if im the biggest idiot around (open to suggestions) and claim that also in my sig. This will last for a minumum of 1 month.

Jungle Jumbo - The zebra stripes in my avatar will change to the colours of the team that wins the World Cup, provided it is not Australia.

Dydl - If Australia do not win the World Cup, I will change my avatar to a picture of the star player of the team which wins.

33/3 from 3.3 - If Australia DON'T win the world cup final, i will put a picture of the Australian logo/flag in my avatar.
If the leading wicket taker isn't Australian, i'll put the top Australian wicket taker in my avatar.
^^Same thing with runs.

Roseboy64 - Willing to change my avatar to the Liverpool badge for 2 months if the West Indies do not make the semis. Also, if England make it to the semis I'll change my avatar to Geraint Jones for a month.

Clapo - If Kevin Pietersen scores more runs than Michael Clarke i'll have any chosen Avatar and a Barmy Army Song or God Save the Queen extract in my signature for that same month, both of which will be chosen by the 1st englishman to respond to this post. However, if Clarke scores more, i get to choose their avatar etc.

note. Should either player get injured, and for this reason are forced to miss matches, the deal is off.

If Nathan Bracken takes more Wickets than Brett Lee i'll have any chosen Bracken picture in my avatar for a month (should i lose the above bet, it will be after that avatar)

Goughy - I will take this. (Regards Clapo)

Obviously Clarke will play in more games as England will not get far but Im hoping he doesnt get many opportunities

Mr Mxyzptlk - If Australia win the World Cup, I'll change my avatar to a picture of myself, to be chosen by Dan Smith after I supply him with an array of choices.

Steulen - The minnow challenge:
If the Dutch batsmen fail to score a single half century between them in their matches against Australia and South Africa, I'll change my avatar to Duncan Fletcher and add to my signature the line: "England: the best cricket team by far". For a whole painful month.

SS - If Indian fast bowlers are MOM for any two or more matches in the tournament, I'll change my avatar to reflect how I wrong I was about them.

SS - If England make the semi finals, I'll change my sig to show how much of a genius Duncan Fletcher is and change my avatar to that of KP (ugh).

Barney Rubble - If Kevin Pietersen is not the top run-scorer during the group stage, I'll change my avatar to Geraint Jones for a month.

Langeveldt - If England win a game against a country that actually plays cricket, I'll eat my shorts

don'tclosyoureyes - If Watto, Bracks and Jimmy don't average <25 with the ball, I'll cry.... oh, and change my avatar to a picture of Camps. (if he allows it, if not, someone else)

Shortpitched713 - If any of the minnows make it into the Super Eights I'll crap my pants. Oh, and put somethng relevant in my sig as well.

Dark Hunter - If Michael Clarke Passes 50 at all during the world cup, i will have him as my Avatar for 1 month. However, against minnow countries, he has to pass 100 for it to count. If i can think of something, i'll have something in my sig as well.

Turbinator - If India and Pakistan confront, and India lose, I'll have my avatar changed to that of a Pakistani player until India win an ODI outside of the World Cup.

Biased Indian - if australia win the world cup i will chaage my avatar to rickyponting holding the trophy
up until the next time australia looses an international cricket match !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pasag - I have a feeling someone will break the 200 run mark at the WC, if that happens I'll have the person in my avatar for a month.

Matt79 - If South Africa wins the Cup I'll have Graeme Smith as my avatar for two months...

Alternative - If India doesn't make it to semi's i will change my avatar to anything that the winning team throws at me for a month. *fingers crossed that its not going to be Hussey in there*

Geraint Is My Hero - Anyway, my original offer was clearly lacking in balls. Change it to if mighty mighty England do not make the final of the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup, then I shall have the avatar of pasag's choice for one month

PhoenixFire - If Australia win, I will have Mike Hussey in my avatar for one year.

Chaminda_00 - Well after five losses in a row and injuries coming out of their arses. I think its the right time to challenge any takers to Australia getting minnow bashed by Holland or Scotland aki NZ U19s v Nepal U19s. So basically when Australian lose to either Holland or Scotland that poster will have to have Scotland or Holland celebriting their win.

So any takers im happy to change my avatar to what ever the poster wants.

FaaipDeOaid - (Regards Chaminda_00) I'll take that challenge Tharmi. Shane Watson is the avatar if Australia win both games by comfortable margins. If either game goes close I'll change my avatar to something related to the offending team, and if they win I'll have them celebrating. Not sure what qualifies as close, but I'm sure we can make a judgement at the time.

In an unrelated wager, if Australia don't make the final I'll have the captain of whichever team knocks them out as my avatar for a month.

Dizzy #4 - If Bermuda make it though to the Super 8, I'll have Fat Dwayne as an avatar and will put full support for the man

Alternative - Innovative Powerplays, I would bet my avatar that Sri Lanaka would be the first nation to take the powerplay 2 and 3 in the last 10 overs of the game. So any takers on this challenge as i am happy to change my avatar to what ever the poster wants

Jono - If England make it to the semis, I'll have an avatar of Paul Nixon.

Boy Brumby - Flushed with our recent success I'm throwing out a challenge to anyone out there: if England don't make the semis I'll have the avatar of your choosing for a month, if we do you have the pic of my choice for the same period.

Any takers?

Richard - (In regards to Boy Brumby) You can have a combined pic of Brian, Farrokh, Roger and John.

I assume that'd hurt you even more than Fred by himself.

EDIT: actually, make that a pic of Sinead, Lindsay, Edele and Keavy

And I'll lose my perminant avatar to whatever you want if we do make the semis (can be the text "I Am Gay" if you think that'd ram the point home...)

Jono - If Plunkett or Tait take more than 10 wickets in the World Cup, or have an economy rate less than 5 (against any of the major 8 ODI teams only), I'll change my avatar to either one of them for three months.

Must play at least 2 games too.

honestbharani - I will have the winning team's best player as my avatar for a couple of weeks after the WC.

If it is India Vs West Indies in the final, I want all members of the forum who post in this thread and who think that an Indo-Windies final is very improbable to use my current avatar for at least a week.

Anyone?

The Baconator - If England finish last in the Super 8 I will have My Chemical Romance in my avatar for a month, with no sig disclaimer or owt.

Turbinator - If Sri Lanka make it to the semis, I am willing to put anything cricket related in my avatar, you name it... I put it.

PheonixFire - (Response Turbinator) Oooh!!!

Err Shoaib Akhtar with a big pink heart round him!!

Nightprowler10 - If Afridi scores a ton in the WC (not including warm-ups), I'll put up his picture with 'Legend' written across his name.

Sanz - If Tendulkar does well in this world cup (Averages 41+ from Super8 onward) or Kumble take more than 5 wickets (From Super 8 onwards) then I will have any Avtar from Tednulkar/Kumble fans on this forum.

FRAZ - "If Pakistan make the WC semis I'll have I*** in my avatar for a week" or summat!

biased indian - (Response Sanz ) i will take it

if neither of them doest happens

i am ready to change my avatar to what ever you want me to put on .......

for 3 months from the day india play they last world cup match

Alternative - If any non-test playing minnow wins a match against one of the top 8 teams, then i will change my avatar to anything that anyone chooses for a month. *First person to spot this can choose what avatar i should change it to*

don'tcloseyoureyes - If Kevin Pietersen makes a century in the WC (against any side) I'll change my avatar to whatever the first Englishman to take up my offer chooses.

Majin - If England make the semi-finals i'll have the worst picture of Margaret Thatcher someone can find as my avatar until the next World Cup.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Geraint Is My Hero - If England do not reach the semis, I will have my avatar showing ANYTHING, to be chosen by the first Australian to respond to this thread.

Pasag - Also if an Australian is not the leading run scorer for the Cup, I'll put whoever is, in my avatar for a month after all other challenges are met.

Richard - I will change my avatar if England make the semis...

Shortpitched713 - If Australia win the World Cup, I will change my avatar to one of Ricky Ponting for one year.

Natman20 - If Australia win the cup then my avatar will not change but if another country wins then I will put an image as my avatar to make me look as if im the biggest idiot around (open to suggestions) and claim that also in my sig. This will last for a minumum of 1 month.

Jungle Jumbo - The zebra stripes in my avatar will change to the colours of the team that wins the World Cup, provided it is not Australia.

Dydl - If Australia do not win the World Cup, I will change my avatar to a picture of the star player of the team which wins.

33/3 from 3.3 - If Australia DON'T win the world cup final, i will put a picture of the Australian logo/flag in my avatar.
If the leading wicket taker isn't Australian, i'll put the top Australian wicket taker in my avatar.
^^Same thing with runs.

Roseboy64 - Willing to change my avatar to the Liverpool badge for 2 months if the West Indies do not make the semis. Also, if England make it to the semis I'll change my avatar to Geraint Jones for a month.

Clapo - If Kevin Pietersen scores more runs than Michael Clarke i'll have any chosen Avatar and a Barmy Army Song or God Save the Queen extract in my signature for that same month, both of which will be chosen by the 1st englishman to respond to this post. However, if Clarke scores more, i get to choose their avatar etc.

note. Should either player get injured, and for this reason are forced to miss matches, the deal is off.

If Nathan Bracken takes more Wickets than Brett Lee i'll have any chosen Bracken picture in my avatar for a month (should i lose the above bet, it will be after that avatar)

Goughy - I will take this. (Regards Clapo)

Obviously Clarke will play in more games as England will not get far but Im hoping he doesnt get many opportunities

Mr Mxyzptlk - If Australia win the World Cup, I'll change my avatar to a picture of myself, to be chosen by Dan Smith after I supply him with an array of choices.

Steulen - The minnow challenge:
If the Dutch batsmen fail to score a single half century between them in their matches against Australia and South Africa, I'll change my avatar to Duncan Fletcher and add to my signature the line: "England: the best cricket team by far". For a whole painful month.

SS - If Indian fast bowlers are MOM for any two or more matches in the tournament, I'll change my avatar to reflect how I wrong I was about them.

SS - If England make the semi finals, I'll change my sig to show how much of a genius Duncan Fletcher is and change my avatar to that of KP (ugh).

Barney Rubble - If Kevin Pietersen is not the top run-scorer during the group stage, I'll change my avatar to Geraint Jones for a month.

Langeveldt - If England win a game against a country that actually plays cricket, I'll eat my shorts

don'tclosyoureyes - If Watto, Bracks and Jimmy don't average <25 with the ball, I'll cry.... oh, and change my avatar to a picture of Camps. (if he allows it, if not, someone else)

Shortpitched713 - If any of the minnows make it into the Super Eights I'll crap my pants. Oh, and put somethng relevant in my sig as well.

Dark Hunter - If Michael Clarke Passes 50 at all during the world cup, i will have him as my Avatar for 1 month. However, against minnow countries, he has to pass 100 for it to count. If i can think of something, i'll have something in my sig as well.

Turbinator - If India and Pakistan confront, and India lose, I'll have my avatar changed to that of a Pakistani player until India win an ODI outside of the World Cup.

Biased Indian - if australia win the world cup i will chaage my avatar to rickyponting holding the trophy
up until the next time australia looses an international cricket match !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pasag - I have a feeling someone will break the 200 run mark at the WC, if that happens I'll have the person in my avatar for a month.

Matt79 - If South Africa wins the Cup I'll have Graeme Smith as my avatar for two months...

Alternative - If India doesn't make it to semi's i will change my avatar to anything that the winning team throws at me for a month. *fingers crossed that its not going to be Hussey in there*

Geraint Is My Hero - Anyway, my original offer was clearly lacking in balls. Change it to if mighty mighty England do not make the final of the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup, then I shall have the avatar of pasag's choice for one month

PhoenixFire - If Australia win, I will have Mike Hussey in my avatar for one year.

Chaminda_00 - Well after five losses in a row and injuries coming out of their arses. I think its the right time to challenge any takers to Australia getting minnow bashed by Holland or Scotland aki NZ U19s v Nepal U19s. So basically when Australian lose to either Holland or Scotland that poster will have to have Scotland or Holland celebriting their win.

So any takers im happy to change my avatar to what ever the poster wants.

FaaipDeOaid - (Regards Chaminda_00) I'll take that challenge Tharmi. Shane Watson is the avatar if Australia win both games by comfortable margins. If either game goes close I'll change my avatar to something related to the offending team, and if they win I'll have them celebrating. Not sure what qualifies as close, but I'm sure we can make a judgement at the time.

In an unrelated wager, if Australia don't make the final I'll have the captain of whichever team knocks them out as my avatar for a month.

Dizzy #4 - If Bermuda make it though to the Super 8, I'll have Fat Dwayne as an avatar and will put full support for the man

Alternative - Innovative Powerplays, I would bet my avatar that Sri Lanaka would be the first nation to take the powerplay 2 and 3 in the last 10 overs of the game. So any takers on this challenge as i am happy to change my avatar to what ever the poster wants

Jono - If England make it to the semis, I'll have an avatar of Paul Nixon.

Boy Brumby - Flushed with our recent success I'm throwing out a challenge to anyone out there: if England don't make the semis I'll have the avatar of your choosing for a month, if we do you have the pic of my choice for the same period.

Any takers?

Richard - (In regards to Boy Brumby) You can have a combined pic of Brian, Farrokh, Roger and John.

I assume that'd hurt you even more than Fred by himself.

EDIT: actually, make that a pic of Sinead, Lindsay, Edele and Keavy

And I'll lose my perminant avatar to whatever you want if we do make the semis (can be the text "I Am Gay" if you think that'd ram the point home...)

Jono - If Plunkett or Tait take more than 10 wickets in the World Cup, or have an economy rate less than 5 (against any of the major 8 ODI teams only), I'll change my avatar to either one of them for three months.

Must play at least 2 games too.

honestbharani - I will have the winning team's best player as my avatar for a couple of weeks after the WC.

If it is India Vs West Indies in the final, I want all members of the forum who post in this thread and who think that an Indo-Windies final is very improbable to use my current avatar for at least a week.

Anyone?

The Baconator - If England finish last in the Super 8 I will have My Chemical Romance in my avatar for a month, with no sig disclaimer or owt.

Turbinator - If Sri Lanka make it to the semis, I am willing to put anything cricket related in my avatar, you name it... I put it.

PheonixFire - (Response Turbinator) Oooh!!!

Err Shoaib Akhtar with a big pink heart round him!!

Nightprowler10 - If Afridi scores a ton in the WC (not including warm-ups), I'll put up his picture with 'Legend' written across his name.

Sanz - If Tendulkar does well in this world cup (Averages 41+ from Super8 onward) or Kumble take more than 5 wickets (From Super 8 onwards) then I will have any Avtar from Tednulkar/Kumble fans on this forum.

FRAZ - "If Pakistan make the WC semis I'll have I*** in my avatar for a week" or summat!

biased indian - (Response Sanz ) i will take it

if neither of them doest happens

i am ready to change my avatar to what ever you want me to put on .......

for 3 months from the day india play they last world cup match

Alternative - If any non-test playing minnow wins a match against one of the top 8 teams, then i will change my avatar to anything that anyone chooses for a month. *First person to spot this can choose what avatar i should change it to*

don'tcloseyoureyes - If Kevin Pietersen makes a century in the WC (against any side) I'll change my avatar to whatever the first Englishman to take up my offer chooses.

Majin - If England make the semi-finals i'll have the worst picture of Margaret Thatcher someone can find as my avatar until the next World Cup.
Too many caps there, ITBT.

pasag, alternative, shortpitched, roseboy, etc.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It doesn't - it's just making things more difficult than they could be.

Me, being the lazy type, only press SHIFT when I need to. Never capitalise things that aren't capitalised already.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Feeling pretty safe with my Plunkett and Tait bets atm. Tait looked ordinary against Scotland, and Plunkett for 1-43 off 7 against the only top 8 team he'll play in the group stage.