• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like my avatar?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
lord_of_darkness said:
did you make it on the influence of alcohol..?
Neil Pickup said:
Well, seeing as the post is time-stamped at 3.19am BST, I'd guess so.
Not the greatest amount, but enough. :wacko: (why doesn't the pis$ed smiley work - it just comes out :****ed: )
Just thought it was about time I had one. Was looking at the top posters and they all have one, don't like The Simpsons myself, so I thought "hey, why not make one that says CricketWeb.net? So I did.
I was expecting rather more "no"s or sarcastic "brilliant"s than we've got so far...

Last edited:

NikhilN

hmmm...people get mad at me for making 4 posts in 10 mins that shouldnt have been made...but not him...who could have put all that in one post instead of making 4

Tom Halsey

What is there to be mad at Richard for? He hasn't gone cluttering up forums...he's just created a thread about his new avatar. And there's nothing wrong with 4 posts - it doesn't clutter anything up particularly.

Also, why don't you visit OT more often?

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nikhil4eva said:
hmmm...people get mad at me for making 4 posts in 10 mins that shouldnt have been made...but not him...who could have put all that in one post instead of making 4
You need to learn the difference between "posts" and "threads".

NikhilN

Neil Pickup said:
You need to learn the difference between "posts" and "threads".
does that still mean he gets away with making 4 posts when there is no need for 4 of em? he could have put em all in one post...4 posts in a row in less then 20 mins is called spamming in the forum world for those who dont know...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nikhil4eva said:
does that still mean he gets away with making 4 posts when there is no need for 4 of em? he could have put em all in one post...4 posts in a row in less then 20 mins is called spamming in the forum world for those who dont know...

How come when I made 14 posts in row on one thread in Cricket Chat nobody had a problem then?

IMO each individual post deserves an individual reply, not lumping several people's views in one reply (since it makes it hard for that person to respond easily)

However 4 utterly pointless threads in a clear attempt to gain favour with forum members by imitating someone that we all like (because he is, and always has been random and not an annoying little kid) is IMO spam.

I find it funny that yesterday you defended yourself when people complained by saying that if it's within the rules of the forum you can post what you want, yet today you complain about something which is far less problematic than what you did.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nikhil4eva said:
fine then dont get mad at me for making thread/posts I want...
marc71178 said:
However 4 utterly pointless threads in a clear attempt to gain favour with forum members by imitating someone that we all like (because he is, and always has been random and not an annoying little kid) is IMO spam.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nikhil4eva said:
fine then dont get mad at me for making thread/posts I want...
So let me get this straight - you've accused someone else of spamming (and thus breaking forum rules), yet you yourself have been far worse, and you don't see that as a problem?

"There's none so blind as those that cannot see"