• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 1 - England v South Africa

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What odds did you get this time?
4.95 this time. I managed to get longer odds than the last time I bet on him - which was the last time England played a non-shortened game, and he got up then. No idea why he was longer today; must've been someone put a massive bet on someone else.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The first time I bet on him he'll get a golden.

Those odds are ludicrous. Is that 'top scores 60% of the time' stat legit?

grecian

They'd better give Jimmeh the MOTM here, Trott's batted well, but there's been no pressure whatsoever.

flibbertyjibber

This has been a good gubbing. Great performance by England, what we expected from SA seeing as they have so many players missing.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I didn't to comment on it earlier while the game was I progress but that was absolutely ridiculous from South Africa. Up their with their 2007 World Cup effort.

Howe_zat

I didn't to comment on it earlier while the game was I progress but that was absolutely ridiculous from South Africa. Up their with their 2007 World Cup effort.
Average batting lineup missing two of its four class players gets owned by bowler of the tournament with the new ball.

Howe_zat

Nah, their lollapse to Tredwell was ridiculous.
It's true that they underestimated him. But this is part and parcel of a) Tredwell's a good one-day bowler and b) Du Plessis and Duminy are actually really mediocre batsmen in general. Sometimes, Tredwell is going to win.

There isn't a single ****up here that England haven't managed. It's what's known as losing. And given they recovered from 80-8 to post a workable if rubbish score means they actually got it together from a tight spot, rather than rolling over. They didn't choke, they were just ****ing smashed.

But if you're so determined to label literally any loss of theirs as a choke, is it any wonder that they've gained the tag? It's confirmation bias at its worst, and I'll be first to admit it doesn't need any help.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's true that they underestimated him. But this is part and parcel of a) Tredwell's a good one-day bowler and b) Du Plessis and Duminy are actually really mediocre batsmen in general. Sometimes, Tredwell is going to win.

There isn't a single ****up here that England haven't managed. It's what's known as losing. And given they recovered from 80-8 to post a workable if rubbish score means they actually got it together from a tight spot, rather than rolling over. They didn't choke, they were just ****ing smashed.

But if you're so determined to label literally any loss of theirs as a choke, is it any wonder that they've gained the tag? It's confirmation bias at its worst, and I'll be first to admit it doesn't need any help.
I don't disagree with any of that, I just found South Africa's ineptitude hilarious.