• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which 4 heads would you put on a cricketing Mount Rushmore?

The Battlers Prince

That's a tough question. I'm thinking the four people who brought the game to the people, and were inspiring in doing so. No disrespect to Sobers of course but I'd say Grace, Bradman, Worrell and Tendulkar

Burgey

How many people did Tendulkar bring to the game ffs? India was cricket mad decades before he came along. Same for Australia with Bradman.

Grace - birth of modern cricket
Worrell - black West Indian captain, statesman
Benaud - great player, captain and doyen of commentators
Olonga/ Flower - their stand against Mugabe was a great, great thing to do.

Burgey

And I should say, as great a player as he was, I wouldn't want Warne anywhere near a monument to all that's meant to be good about cricket. As much as I might be prepared to set aside a lot of his **** through his career, the Marlon Samuels BBL thing, his commentary these days and that ****ing Marshall batteries ad have sealed it for me. He can **** right off.

zorax

likes this
Sad how it's all pretty much just batsmen isn't it? Benaud the only bowler suggested so far.

Daemon

You're all kidding yourselves if you think Tendulkar shouldn't be on there.

BIggest cricketing icon ever.

Don't be jelly burgey and co.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Yeah Tendulkar is arguably the biggest icon of the game. Don't see why he can't be on cricket mt Rushmore

Edit: Imran and Miller to adorn mt Rushmore to add glamor :ph34r:

Bradman has to be there