• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by a massive zebra

1. a massive zebra

Zaheer Abbas vs Ian Chappell

Was Chappell the captain when Lillee bowled to a field of nine slips?
  2. a massive zebra

Who was the second best West Indian fast bowler?

If we accept the commonly held consensus that Malcolm Marshall was the best fast bowler ever produced by the West Indies, who would you rank as the second best?
  3. a massive zebra

Decade of Death Draft Voting Thread

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Decade of Death draft. We had 11 competitors, of which 9 completed their teams. Please select your top three sides from the following: a massive zebra Arthur Morris Conrad Hunte Walter Hammond (5) Herbie Taylor Warren Bardsley Andrew Stoddart (c)...
  4. a massive zebra

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Ijaz was a decent bowler in club cricket.
  5. a massive zebra

Interesting note

A lot of superficial nonsense in this post. While some of the early South Africa matches were only given Test status retrospectively, England vs Australia matches were considered as representative international matches at the time they were played, and referred to as Test matches in...
  6. a massive zebra

Steve Smith: Most Runs in a Series (Post Bradman)?

The most runs in a Test series is 974 by Don Bradman in the 1930 Ashes. Steve Smith currently has 671 and needs 304 runs in the final Test to break this record. Not likely. The most runs in a Test series since the retirement of Don Bradman is 839 by Mark Taylor in the 1989 Ashes. Smith needs...
  7. a massive zebra

Decade of Death Draft

The idea of this draft suggestion is to select a team of 11 deceased cricketers, every one of which passed away in a different decade. An example of an eligible team, should you be so lucky, would be; 01. Jack Hobbs (1963) - 1960s 02. Victor Trumper (1915) - 1910s 03. George Headley (1983) -...
  8. a massive zebra

Vinoo Mankad vs Ravi Jadeja

Who is/was the better Test match cricketer?
  9. a massive zebra

"Universally Challenged" draft - voting thread

Unlike with most drafts, please vote for the three worst teams. a massive zebra Murray Chapple (5) Louis Stricker John Guy Noel McGregor * Maitland Hathorn Craig Wishart Jeetan Patel (3) Mohammad Sharif (2) Guy de Alwis + Andy Whittall (4) Manjural Islam (1) fredfertang Lawrie Miller 13...
  10. a massive zebra

“Universally Challenged” Draft Idea

With only 3,500 posts in 15 years, I’m not exactly the most regular poster on this forum. If this or a very similar thread has been done previously, feel free to shoot me down in flames, but here is my idea for a draft: The objective is to select the worst possible XI from those who have...
  11. a massive zebra

The 50 or less draft

Arthur Morris 46 Tests, 3,533 runs @ 46.48
  12. a massive zebra

The 50 or less draft

Jim Laker 46 Tests, 193 wickets @ 21.24
  13. a massive zebra

Why does Pakistan traditionally produce better fast bowlers than India?

If we go back through the history of Pakistan cricket, we see they have a great tradition of consistently producing world class pace bowlers. From Fazal Mahmood and Khan Mohammad in their very early years, to Imran in the 70s and 80s, to Wasim and Waqar in the 90s, and finally the likes of...
  14. a massive zebra

Who is the best post war English opening batsman?

Who is the best post war English opening batsman? I have only included those who debuted post war so Hutton is not eligible. For me it is a straight shoot out between Boycott and Cook.
  15. a massive zebra

Who is the best bowler ever to average over 30 in Test cricket?

My vote goes to the Indian offspinner Erapalli Prasanna, a true master of flight, loop, aggression and guile.