• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Glacier

1. G

Wrist spin - Is it the hardest skill in cricket?

We've only seen a handful of quality leg spinners in the history of cricket, certainly if you compare them with the amount of top quality fast bowlers and batsmen that we've seen. From what I've read the best wrist spinners have great wrists and an ability to impart lots of revolutions on the...
  2. G

Bouncers in the old days

How dangerous would they have been? Were many batsmen hit by them or was it very rarely that someone got hit? I'm asking this because nowadays, every few matches or so someone seems to get hit on their helmet. Obviously, batsmen now are more inclined to pull but quite a few get hit simply...
  3. G

Ganguly's declaration in that Kolkata match

Yes I know I'm about 8 years too late with this thread but I've only recently had the chance to watch the highlights of that match. Anyways as amazing as India's win was, why did Ganguly declare so late? Shouldn't he have declared the moment VVS got out or at the very latest when Dravid...
  4. G

Inside-edges on to the pads

I've just been thinking. Shouldn't they be given out as well? I mean the batsman has been beaten and if the pads weren't in the way he'd be bowled.
  5. G

Cricinfo problem

A bit of a nothing thread this but theres been a very annoying change on the Cricinfo match/series archive. They used to have a country vs country archive as well which they seem to have removed now. Anyone know where its gone now?
  6. G

Players who got figured out

Right then. List all the players who were successfull at the start of their careers but eventually they got found out. Can only think of Sehwag ATM though or perhaps Pathan with the bowl.