• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Goughy

1. Goughy

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

Here you go. Not the best pic and only bowling off 4 steps but with Kumble and some of the guys watching. Back on news related to the Test, it is still raining!
  2. Goughy

Need Help? Send Us Clips

From the first vid (and similar can be seen on the other front on videos) your right leg collapses and your front arm is a split second ahead of where it should preferably be. You want your front arm down by your hip as your left arm is at the top not as it starts the motion. Brett Lee below...
  3. Goughy

Need Help? Send Us Clips

I quite like your action but I have my suspicions about your problems though I cannot tell 100% given the angle. The good thing is it just one issue, the tough thing is fixing it. Quite simply you are closing your lower body off with your foot placement which means you have to come all around...
  4. Goughy

Question for Aussies

I was talking to a representative of the Australian government this week and naturally the conversation came around to cricket and during the conversation the phrase "True Blue" came up. They cringed and reacted in a way that surprised me. It was explained to me that is is a negative word that...
  5. Goughy

Don Bradman Cricket for PS4

Apparently released last week. Anyone have it or played it? Thoughts?
  6. Goughy

YouGov's Profiles of fans of different sports

This is for the UK though I am sure there is cross over to other countries. https://yougov.co.uk/profiler#/ It highlights areas that distinguish fans of certain sports based on the reported data. Basically, these type of people are more likely to be found with these interests. It is fun to play...
  7. Goughy

Just bought this for my 8 and 10 year old

Basically a ball on a stick. I cant imagine why everyone doesnt have one - perhaps they do and it has just passed me by until now. Anyway, no more balls on disk cones for drives. Can easily replicate any shot. Will report back if it is worth it...
  8. Goughy

Why not Test cricket in Gibraltar?

We all know it gets cold in England in the winter and dark very early. Wouldnt it be great if England could squeeze in an extra Test without condensing the FC calander and tap into the revenue from the English supporters to travel the globe to watch England play? Why not play an annual Test in...
  9. Goughy

Big debate - Space or comma in large numbers

My kids are going to an international school for the first time - US curriculum rather than UK. There are bloody commas everywhere. I work with a lot of Americans and they defend the comma vociferously. Anything else to them is wrong. I dont like it at all. It looks messy and dated and...
  10. Goughy

You Are The Umpire

Surely we must have done this before. Just in case we have not... All taken from the Guardian and the long running strip - You Are The Umpire You are the Umpire | Sport | The Guardian They also have the football equivalent You are the Ref | Football | The Guardian
  11. Goughy

Article Suggestion

Bleacher Report is normally **** but this is one of the better things I have read there. Dreams to Dust: Life After Football for the Future Stars Who Never Quite Made It | Bleacher Report Could CW do a cricket one? If so, I would love to read. Anyone know where Giles Haywood is?
  12. Goughy

Interested in your opinion on a choice I need to make

I used to be a tidy cricketer. I still believe I am but have not played a serious game in 3 years since..well some of you know what happened to my face. Anyway, I have been in Trinidad 6 weeks or so and have been doing the usual rounds of getting to know people. I want to play decent cricket...
  13. Goughy

10 Years On

I thought I'd have a look at what appeared to be the busiest thread on CW 10 years ago. Surprising at the number of guys still around today and a very sad reminder of what tragically happened to Craig. http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/9907-cricket-s-nicest-guys.html
  14. Goughy

David Frith Presents.....

Ian Botham quietly discovered a time machine?
  15. Goughy

The Paedophile Hunter

The Paedophile Hunter - 4oD - Channel 4 "Using online profiles of fake underage children, we attempted to lure predators out from behind their online personas and into carefully constructed, and filmed real life meetings with me. In these stings, I confronted these men - and the world - with...