• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Jakester1288

1. J

Video problems

Downloading a long video file, and trying to play the first one (finished downloading) and it doesn't work. On Windows Media Player/Realplayer it doesn't run, on Quicktime it runs but doesn't have any sound/video. It's an AVI file, does that need conversion, and if so how? What other problems...
  2. J

Car depreciation

I was wondering, what would these cars be worth in 2-3 years? 2009 HOLDEN COMMODORE SV6 VE MY09.5 Cars For Sale in VIC - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au 2005 HOLDEN COMMODORE SV6 VZ Private Cars For Sale in NSW - carsales.com.au 2008 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF GTI V MY08 Cars For Sale in WA -...
  3. J

Laptop or desktop

I'm looking to save up for a new computer, and was wondering would I be better off getting a laptop or desktop? I already have a laptop (Optima Centoris v670) which is slow, bad for games like ICC and FM, and generally outdated. I'm not sure if I should get a laptop for gaming and stuff, and...
  4. J

Symbol showing you posted in this thread

I was wondering if we could have this brought in? I'm far more interested to read into threads I've already posted in, and I can't remember everything I've posted in. Most other forums (infact, all) I've visited before have this marked with a small dot or arrow to the left of the thread title...
  5. J

School pranks

I need ideas. I wanna play pranks on people at school, and do **** to the school in general. I need idea's, any are accepted.
  6. J

Clarke retains T20 captaincy

Michael Clarke retains Australia's Twenty20 captaincy | Cricket News | England v Australia 2010 | Cricinfo.com Give it to White, TBH. Not complaining about Clarke gaining experience though, if I gave a stuff about Twenty20 I'd be raging though.
  7. J

Leaving school

Did anyone here leave school early? Why? What are you doing now? Thinking about doing it myself, but I'd have to get myself into a TAFE course and get an apprenticeship. But I still wanna do year 11 and 12 for the sake of it. Decisions, decisions.
  8. J

What car/s do you drive?

Seeing as I'm only 14, I drive (regularly) my parents X-trail and my 1988 Mitsubishi Magna. Still waiting to try out the 2008 Toyota Aurion Sportivo, that'll be fun. I've driven my mates 95/8 (not sure) Commodore, was the only auto I've driven, but being RWD it made it good fun. Discuss.
  9. J

Australia's opening batsmen

With Hughes recent success in the Test against New Zealand, are you in favour of him opening with either Katich or Watson, with the other slipping down the order, or keeping the winning combination? Seeing as a lot of people have recently been wanting North dropped after his poor Australian...
  10. J

Applying for a job

Ok, I'm 14, and I'm considering going for my first job, seeing as it's the holidays. I was wondering, what should I do regarding it? What should I have in my resume? Should I just go in and ask for a job, or should I go about it some other way? I'd appreciate if you guys can keep the crap out...
  11. J

I'm back

Hello everyone. What did I miss?
  12. J

***Official Christmas Thread 2009***

As with last year. Getting Slazenger Hyperblade, Kahuna pads, Beast thigh pad, bat cover and mallet, plus other stuff from other peeps this year. Pretty damn good.
  13. J

500 (Rummy)

Well I've just started playing 500 or 500 Rummy or whatever it is, the card game, and I'm not sure what to do in some situations. You've got your 7 cards each to start, then you pick up, discard, and add to the pile where you actually play. When your pick up cards are done, and there's just...
  14. J

CW betting competition

Jake's betting thread Fantasy Sports Bet on NRL, AFL, Soccer, Horse Racing, Cricket, Football and more. Sign up on there, and join the league. I don't know what's happening, we just, err, compare results. Haha. League name: CW betting league Password: jamesissexy...
  15. J

Clarke named Australia's Twenty20 captain

Michael Clarke has been confirmed as Australia's new Twenty20 captain and Cameron White will step into the vice-captaincy following the retirement of Ricky Ponting from the format. Clarke was widely expected to take on the leadership and the decision was confirmed by Cricket Australia on Friday...