• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Maximas

1. Maximas

Classical Music thread

Anyone else here into Classical music? Have developed a soft spot for early music myself (Monteverdi, Palestrina and Dufay in particular) Have always loved the symphonies of Brahms, Chopin's Preludes op 28 and the concertos of J.S. Bach. Many others too but wanted to see if others round...
  2. Maximas

Returners

For those who've had a prolonged absence from the forums at some point (I don't think I logged in between mid 2015 and mid last year for example) was there something that made you come back? Or was it just on a whim that you logged in again and then continued to do so to this day? I remember...
  3. Maximas

Emotion and Reason

I describe myself largely as a libertarian, although like most people my personal perspective is derived from a variety of ideologies, and is very much subject to change if the last 4 years is anything to go by. That said, I've come to a realisation recently - I have a sort of 'gut-feel'...
  4. Maximas

The Political Compass Test

Outdated test tbh, I never come out as right or libertarian as I feel I actually am when I take it. I used to come out around halfway down the green before around 2015 or so nghh I wonder who that friend was
  5. Maximas

Sri Lanka Circus thread

A thread to discuss whatever the latest fiasco in SL cricket happens to be, whether it be the lolworthy board, social media battles between Thisara Perera and Malinga's wife, Kusal Mendis' alleged interest in cougars, or in the case of todays news, the current test captain (a statement that...
  6. Maximas

Sanga's test retirement

Will be done with Tests by August - Kumar Sangakkara | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo End of August this year, can't remember who we're playing over the home summer (India?) but Sanga will hang up the boots before we head over to NZ again late in the year. will be the right time I think, Sri Lanka's...
  7. Maximas

Sri Lanka Thread

The 30 man squad got named and the only real surprises was the random chinaman spinner Lakshan Sandakan finding a spot and Ramith Rambuckwella (famous for trying to open a airplane cabin door at 35,000 feet) taking the place of Chatarunga de Silva. This England series is showcasing our spin...
  8. Maximas

***Official*** Sri Lanka Discussion/Domestic thread 2014/15

While we are still a couple of months out from the start of the one day Premiere League comp which is the major List A fixture on the SL domestic calender there is a fair bit happening in Sri Lankan cricket that can all be discussed here. For example the U 19 boys are hosting the Aussies, there...
  9. Maximas

New FTP

Looks pretty good, seems like there is a genuine effort to get more and longer test tours going for a whole bunch of countries, the saffers are finally getting some decent length test series' and India and Pakistan are actually going to play each other. Just need everyone to sign it and do what...
  10. Maximas

***Official*** South Africa in Sri Lanka 2014

Fixture 1st ODI Sri Lanka vs South Africa R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo Jul 6, 2014 | 09:45 local | 04:15 GMT 2nd ODI Sri Lanka vs South Africa Pallekele Cricket Stadium, Kandy Jul 9, 2014 | 14:30 local | 09:00 GMT 3rd ODI Sri Lanka vs South Africa Mahinda Rajapaksa International Stadium...
  11. Maximas

Australia, South Africa ...

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/46181-who-will-next-side-win-test-series-against-top-4-a.html Seeing this 2010 thread pop up in the NZ/WI tour thread got me thinking. Basically, we probably have two teams who are pretty comfortably the two best teams going around, Australia by...
  12. Maximas

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2014

This tour will be starting very soon with the Ireland ODIs starting in about a week. A big tour for Sri Lanka, a chance for them to take advantage of what could be a rather weak English side with Sangakarra in the form of his life and the fast bowlers showing a bit of promise earlier in the...
  13. Maximas

Cricket bats size

Sanjay Manjrekar: Can we do something about monster bats? | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo What do you guys think? With new technology allowing the moisture (heaviness) of wood to be removed from bats, we have seen cricket bats become thicker and meatier without getting heavier. Do you think...
  14. Maximas

Sri Lanka squad discussion

The squad was announced a while ago I think, here it is... Chandimal Malinga Dilshan Herath MJ Kulasekara Lakmal Matthews Ajantha Mendis Kusal Perera Thisara Perera Seekkuge Prasanna Sanga Senanayake Thirimanne Looks pretty good to me, although I'm a little surprised to see Herath there...
  15. Maximas

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Bangladesh 2014

The tour is almost certain to go ahead after SLC said they were satisfied with security arrangements in Bangladesh after concerns were raised following widespread political violence took place in the preceding months leading up to the tour. Fixtures: 1st Test, January 27-31, Mirpur 2nd Test...