• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by ret

1. ret

Cricket's Grand Slam

Would that be #1 ranking in tests, ODI WC win and T20 WC win? So far only India has achieved the career grand slam. If it manages to win this year's T20 WC and next year's ODI WC then I guess that would also be a calender year Grand Slam! Australia needs to win T20 WC to achieve the career...
  2. ret

Road to the 2010 Twenty20 World Cup

It will be played in the WI from Apr 30th to May 16th. The teams have been divided in to the following groups: Group A - Pakistan (A1), Bangladesh (A2) and Australia Group B - Sri Lanka (B1), New Zealand (B2) and Zimbabwe Group C - South Africa(C1), India (C2) and Qualifier 1 (Afghanistan)...
  3. ret

Future test 11s

Would be interesting to see how the test 11 look like if we don't consider those who are 34 and above! I will start with the Ind 11: - Karthik - Gambhir - Kohli - Sehwag (said wants to bat at #4 in future) - Panday - UV / All -rounder - Dhoni - Bhajji / Mishy - Zak - Ishant - Sree
  4. ret

Srinath in tests: 1996-2002

I was checking out some stats and found that Srinath was the most effective pace bowler from the subcontinent during 1996-2002! Below are the stats: 1 Jan 1996 to 1 Jan 2003, discounting BD and Zim Srinath 41M, 160W = 3.9 wkts per test Waqar 37M, 119W = 3.2 wkts per test Wasim 30M, 102W...
  5. ret

The Lost Symbol

The new book by Dan Brown .... Has anyone read it?
  6. ret

The Century So Far - Books

Toronto Star published a list of 10 books that have made an impact on this century so far in various genres according to their criteria - The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown - The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins - The Omnivire's Dilemma by Micheal Pollan - The Weather Makers by Tim Flannery - The...
  7. ret

India needs to introspect

The holders are one loss away from getting knocked out of this tournament .... to defend the title, they will have to win 4 games in a row so every game is like a KO game for them, much like getting in to round of 16, then QF, then semis and eventually in to the final .... Needless to say that...
  8. ret

firefox help

if i click on the smilies then they don't show up in the box nor do quotes and other things at the top of this box in firefox .... how to get them to work again may be the problem appeared after i deleted temp files on my computer PS it doesn't even load hotmail
  9. ret

who will win the IPL?

* poll coming up*
  10. ret

IPL Semis - which team will go through?

DD is through to the semis! Let's see how the other teams fare 1. CSK In: if it wins one of its remaining two games against K11 and KKR Out: if it loses both, DC beats BRC or if BRC wins its both 2. K11 In: If it beats CSK Out: if it loses it 3. DC In: if it beats BRC Out: If it loses 4...
  11. ret

all time 11 with a difference!

added one more all-time 11 thread but this one is with a difference whats different is that you can only pick players that you have watched in a full game [not in highlights]! shoot on!
  12. ret

India squad for T20 WC

^ those are the probables. short list your 15 Opening position - 3 Other batting positions - 4 WK - 2 Spinners - 2 Pacers - 4
  13. ret

IPL'09 Opening Pair

Which opening pair do you prefer? *poll coming up*
  14. ret

IPL Fans - select your group

Select the group that you support so we know who is supporting which group and put that in your signature if you can to add to the IPL fever!! The groups are IPL North - DD, Delhi and Kings, Punjab IPL West - MI, Mumbai and Royals, Rajasthan IPL South - RC, B'lore, DC, Hy'bad and SK, Chennai...
  15. ret

Tendulkar vs Amarnath

Interesting thought came to my mind as to the selection of Tendulkar vs Amarnath. I don't remember the exact details but, iirc, it was Tendulkar who was selected and Amarnath, who was dropped .... Imran Khan had probably said that he would never drop a player like Amarnath!!! It's interesting...