• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. shaka

Gillespie gone?

According to radio NZ, Mark Gillespie has a virus in which the recovery period is 3 to 4 months, if he does have this virus it will lower NZ's chances of winning the world cup, Tuffey will need to fire, and a replacement will need to be sought. Any thoughts? the article can be read here: gillespie
  2. shaka

Farewell Lindsay!

SA cricket has gone into mourning over the loss of a great. Dennis Lindsay, the legendary wicketkeeper batsman has died! I am in shock. RIP Lindsay Denis Lindsay, the former South African wicketkeeper-batsman who was an integral part of their legendary side in the late 1960s, has died in...
  3. shaka

Daniel-san

Mr Miyagi "Daniel Sun" The great karate kid coach Pat Morito has died. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10202732/ LOS ANGELES - Actor Pat Morita, whose portrayal of the wise and dry-witted Mr. Miyagi in "The Karate Kid" earned him an Oscar nomination, has died. He was 73. Morita died Thursday at...
  4. shaka

RIP Gilligan

Bob Denver of Gilligan's Island fame has died. Gilligan dies
  5. shaka

Liverpool get TNS

Liverpool will play TNS and then HB Torshavn or FBK Kaunas Full games available below for qualifying round 1 and round 2: First qualifying round draw Game 1 LIVERPOOL v TNS Game 2 FC Haka v Pyunik Game 3 HB Torshavn v FBK Kaunas Game 4 FC Levadia Tallinn v Dinamo Tbilisi Game 5 NK Gorica v...
  6. shaka

Next person to get all 9 centuries

Cricinfo did the ask steven this week, and said five people have made the milestone of centuries against all countries played against, at time of writing this five people have made the list with Atapattu being the newest member. My question however is who will be the next person to do so? The...
  7. shaka

A bowler nightmare

i saw this article and thought that I would hate to try and bowl to him. What are your thoughts? the site is : http://www.vivacricket.co.za/cgi-bin/vc.pl?uid=DAtr2NJedY31100667184&fn=news&newsid=2174
  8. shaka

SA getting toughened up

Ray Jennings has decided to toughen up the South African side, with bowling a wide results in running round the field twice, this is a fairly 'light' punishment based on some of the other penalties available. Jennings has also shown interest in reintroducing Daryl Cullinan back into the...
  9. shaka

Waugh to do the unthinkable??

It has been announced that Steve Waugh may be the next coach of South Africa before the end of the season, this is huge news consideration the rivalry the two countries share. the article has reported that Tom Moodie, Steve Waugh and Geoff Marsh are possible candidates. Graeme Smith is in...
  10. shaka

Shane Bond

Shane Bond has been the find of the century for the New Zealand Cricket Team, as he has destroyed Australia in the VB series 18 months ago, and looks like to continue to play a huge role in the success of the New Zealand Cricket Team. He has now got Ricky Ponting all six times they have met in...
  11. shaka

Great spectator banners

With more and more cricket being played, banners which are witty and original must turn up from time to time, i feel that the one banner in particular was amusing and sensible in 1999 as it is today, the one I am talking about says "Not having Jonty Rhodes in the South African...