• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. J

Ashes 2009

Is any one doing a backyard ashes series? How is it going? Whos winning? me (england) and my brother (aus) are doing one. Its 1-1 after 3 tests and im currently dominating the 4th one, scores are: 1st test Eng 367 & 134-8 beat Aus 343 & 155 by 2 wickets. 2nd Test Eng 224 & 266 drew with...
  2. J

What rules do you play?

I was just wondering what rules every one plays in their local league, as I know in Australia you tend to play more time based games than limited overs, is that correct? The rules we play over here, I play for Birstwith in the Nidderdale League are: Senior league - played every Saturday for 22...
  3. J

The Future of International Cricket

There is great uncertainty over where the future of international cricket is going after the introduction of the IPL and ICL, and the new dominant force that is twenty 20. Here is my proposal as to what should happen. Get rid of international twenty 20 matches, get rid of the twenty 20 world...
  4. J

The best cricket match you've played in.

What is the best match you've played in, I don't just mean the one where you absolutely thrashed them, I mean the games were it would have been great to watch. Mine was a cup semi final I played in yesterday, we batted first and got 304-4 in 40 overs, with two people getting 50s and one getting...
  5. J

URGENT - Wicketkeeping tips needed! Please help.

Hi, I am 15 and play in the Nidderdale League, I have played half of my games with 1sts and half with the 2nds. I would say I am one of the best fielders in the club and for this week the 2nd team wicketkeeper is away on holiday and the 1st team keeper is away later in the week (he is also the...
  6. J

2009 Ashes Tour Dates Announced

The dates are as follows: June Wed 24 - Sat 27: Four-day game v Sussex (Hove) July Wed 1 - Sat 4: Four-day game v England Lions (Worcester) Wed 8 - Sun 12: 1st npower Test (Cardiff) Thu 16 - Mon 20: 2nd npower Test (Lord's) Fri 24 - Sun 26: Three-day game v Northants (Northampton) Thu 30...
  7. J

Injured batsmen??

On all non-coaching cricket games, players never get injured. I think it would be a lot better if a player got hit in the ribs by shoaib akthar at 95mph they would have to come off retired hurt. I think this would make the game more interesting as in real life you would try not to get hit...
  8. J

Bogie grounds and favourite grounds?

Do you have any grounds/teams where you cannot seem to get a run against them whatever form your in OR can't stop scoring runs against them whatever form your in? A few of mine: Teams and Grounds: Favourites (t)Beckwithshaw averaging 72. (g) Beckwithshaw (never been dismissed 140 runs scored)...
  9. J

Wicketkeepers in cricket games

I am annoyed at not been able to decide whether the wicketkeeper stands up or back i would love to be able to choose the wicket keepers position and make him b able to stand up to ne bowler. If its a quick he will let through more byes especially if going down leg side. What are your views?