• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Joe Ninety

Bat grips

Why are they such boring colours? Can anyone provide a link to a company that does custom designs or at the very least some different colours, patterns etc? I would like to get some in my clubs colours and a few other designs I have up my sleeve.I'm prepared to ship in from overseas if I can get...
  2. Joe Ninety

What happened to reverse swing?

Over the last few years it was hard to have a discussion about a game without 'reverse swing' sticking its head up,whether in the written press, commentary on the TV broadcasts or indeed on this very forum. So where has it gone? Can no one any longer bowl it?Has it had its day in the sun? I...
  3. Joe Ninety

How do we improve slow over-rates?

Over rates I've noticed a lot of angst in this forum lately about slow over rates( I include myself in this group).I have given this some thought over the last couple of weeks and have an idea as to why the ICC are loath to enforce the over rates. It is entirely possible that there is an...
  4. Joe Ninety

When do you start your backlift?

Having a bit of a struggle timing the ball off the bat lately and have realised that my backlift has gone to pieces,timing wise, with a lot of drives being lofted.Any pointers from players or coaches as to when I should be starting my backlift would be greatly appreciated.I tend to have a pretty...
  5. Joe Ninety

Greg Chappell

This is one for Australian viewers, on the ABC tonight an interview with Greg about his time as Indian coach. Should be well worth a look.
  6. Joe Ninety

A Summer of flat pitches

With Sri Lanka and India in Australia this Summer, I was anxiously awaiting a great contest between bat and ball between three good sides. However I think we are in for a bore-a-thon with pitches that offer nothing for the bowlers (see the QLD vs NSW domestic game this week). This is occurring...