• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. ozone

Mitchell Johnson v Stuart Broad

Now before a load of angry Australians start ranting about how Broad will never be as good a bowler as Johnson is now, this is not a comparison of the two as bowlers. It is also not a comparison of their fielding abilities, temperaments or anything else like that. The only thing that I am...
  2. ozone

Stuart Broad

What do people really think about him? I'm sure most would agree that on current form, he doesn't warrant his place in the England Test side, but do people think that he will become a world class bowler? Or is he just going to end up as a mediocre player, picked over a long period of time more...
  3. ozone

England ODI Team

Although obviously not an original thread, it seems appropriate to do this now Strauss has been announced as Captain for the WI games. What should the England ODI side be? Should they be working towards the next WC or should they be concentrating more on current series? Is there anyone not...
  4. ozone

Yellow Cards in Cricket

The ECB and MCC are to trial Yellow Cards in minor counties and some club level cricket. Although they are going to be used to try and control sledging, was just wondering whether anyone could see them being used for anything else within the game? And what is going to be the punishment for...
  5. ozone

England Now vs England in late 1990's

Just read this article on Cricinfo. Probably one of the most interesting ones I've read in a while. Although not fully convinced, I can see where he's coming from. England probably are better now than they were in the late 1990's, but not by as large a margin as expected. Any thoughts?
  6. ozone

Boucher vs Gilchrist - Wicketkeeping

Right, so with these two likely to be exchanging the lead for the highest number of test dismissals until one of them retires, I was wondering which one is considered the more talented wicket-keeper. The stats (Test Match Only) are: Boucher - 391/19 (total = 410) in 104 tests Gilchrist - 367/37...
  7. ozone

Favourite Cricket Quotes

I got a new book for christmas about sporting quotes. Anyway, I thought that the cricket ones were better than most of the others, particularly one from Joel Garner: "Lady, If I were built in proportion, I'd be eight foot ten!" and another by Martin Johnson about 'that' ball from Warne: "How...