• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Debris

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

I tried to get some pictures with better comparison. No doubt Warner's bat is thicker in the centre but the difference is not that huge. I think he would have been OK with using Tendulkar's bat
  2. Debris

Favourite cricket pictures

Hmmm, posting shrunk it for some reason.
  3. Debris

Players you just did not sledge

Some players had a reputation for playing better if the opposition sledged them. The ones that I thought of immediately Viv Richards Curtly Ambrose Steve Waugh Sachin Tendulkar Sourav Ganguly Mitchell Johnson Who were the players that really got motivated by a verbal stoush?
  4. Debris

Paranoia about umpires reaches new low

There is apparently a match between Vatican XI and Archbishop of Canterbury XI. The Vatican has a problem with the umpire because He was a bishop 200 years ago and they are still worried about bias. :laugh: Cricket Expert Told He Can't Umpire Game Between Church Teams Because His Ancestor...
  5. Debris

Time to get rid of over limits in short forms of the game?

I have been trying to think of a reason why the limit on the number of overs in ODIs and T20s is a good idea and can't really see one. There are several negatives from my point of view It forces teams to weaken the batting line-up as you need really need 6 players who can bowl. It can also...
  6. Debris

Are you liking the current trend for wides?

The umpires in this series have been very strict on wides. I like this trend because it discourages the awful practice of bowling 4 feet outside off-stump. The occasional unfair wide I can put up with.
  7. Debris

All-rounders opening the batting

Just watching the Australia/Pakistan test and both Australian openers are all-rounders (OK, Katich might be a stretch) and I could not think of any all-rounders who opened the batting long-term. I am probably missing someone obvious but has there been anyone successfully combine the two. Is it...
  8. Debris

The true all-rounder

A true all-rounder is a player who is in the top 6 batsman and the top 4 bowlers for his country. Just wondering how many cricketers people would consider to be in this category for a extended period, say at least 5 years. I am not sure that I can confidently say that anyone from the major...
  9. Debris

Stop talking to players during innings

One of the things I really hate about T20 is talking to players in the middle of an innings. It has got to the point that I have to change channels until they stop it. It is usually exceptionally dull (if not outright embarassing) and usually just takes away from any possible enjoyment of the...