• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. K

Advice needed

So, got a bit of an issue with what i will be playing in this year for my school. Im usually part of the 1st XI, but this year we got a few new guys who are quite skilled, so places are tight. Thing is, i dont really feel as though i deserve a spot in the team because i dont really produce many...
  2. K

My batting style

Hey guys. Um basically i play in a 40 over a side competition coming in at 3. Now i have found that my style is like so defensive its not funny. Like the last two games i have scored 4, and 2 and both times spent about 30-40 minutes at the crease. I block anything on stumps and leave out side...
  3. K

Batting technique

Hey everyone, just took a few clips of me practicing my batting in my back yard doing so foward defensives. Could some please have a look at the vid and tell me if there is any problems with my technique. I know its nothing flash, but its what i do every day and i couldnt be bothered to go down...
  4. K

First game as captain

hi all, next tuesday ( its friday today) my school is having cricket team trials, and its generally accepted that i am to be captain of the 2nd's. Now this poses a bit of a problem for me, as i have never captained before, and that weekend we are having a 2 day match against the 1st's. The...
  5. K

What is wrong with the Black Caps??

Mccullum is a terrible test batsman, cant control his aggression, and is hopeless against spin. Guptill should stick to ODI's in my opinion, mcintosh could turn out to be a solid opener who can wear the bowlers down, Oram's time looks like its up, and Tuffey should have defintly played in the...
  6. K

Whats the secret of medium pace bowling?

How do you get it right? how do you get wickets? and what sort of variations can you add?
  7. K

playing with a straight bat

Hey everyone, leading up to the cricket season here in NZ, and i want to improve my batting a hell of alot. and one way i think i can do this is playing with a straight bat more than normal. Has anyone got any drills, tips or anything to help me with this. It will be much appreciated :D Thanks...
  8. K

Learning Off-spin

Hey everyone. im 16 years old, playing for my schools seconds team as middle order batsman. Im sick of being one of only two people in my team who lack the ability to bowl or even chip in a few overs. Bowling in the nets, i have realised that i fail miserably at it. no matter what i do, i can...
  9. K

How do you think Michael Hussey will go?

Im hoping he is going to treat us to some great cricket as usual
  10. K

Changing batting hands

Hi everyone Since its the winter here in New Zealand, i have a whole heap of time to practice my cricket. One thing that i have wanted to try for a little while is try batting left-handed instead of right-handed. Before anyone gets up in arms, im ambidextrous to a certain extent (can write...
  11. K

how do i stop this happening when i bat?

i just had my final game of the season today, so its not the most important thing ever. But i got out second ball because i defended the ball and it went straight up and got caught. any ideas on what i could have done wrong there, because i noticed that this was happening even when i was getting...
  12. K

my bowling action

YouTube - Bowling Clip Hey guys I just took 2 quick vids of me bowling in my back with a tennis ball because i couldnt be bothered to go all the way to the nets. Its just my bowling action i want help with, not my obvious lazyness Could you please give me any advice on my bowling Cheers
  13. K

Whats the role of No. 3 and 4 batsman

Hey, It looks like i am going to be batting at No. 3 now, so whats the role of this position in a 20 or 25 over match, and what makes a good No. 3?
  14. K

help with the cut shot.

Hi, im having some real trouble with playing my cut shot, so if any one could explain th best way to play it, i would be so grateful. Being an average cricketer isnt the best sometimes lol.
  15. K

How do i know what my run up should be like?

I know that a run up is very important for your bowling, but i have no set one. I often just do a very small one(because im medium pace) from where the pitch ends and goes into the normal grass. How do i find out what is best for me, run up wise?
  16. K

What sort of shots should i be playing?

What sort of mind set, and what sort of shots should i be playing for a number 4 or 5 batsman?
  17. K

Whats the correct bowling technique for medium pace?

Hi, Im looking to bowl a few overs for my team this season, but my bowling just isn't up to scratch. Im defiantly a medium pace bowler because i get very little pace out of the ball, but my team mates do comment saying that i occasionally surprise them with a lot of bounce and turn of the...
  18. K

I need some serious help with my batting

Hey My team mates have told me i am very reluctant to step to the ball, and dont use my feet properly. Im batting at number 5, but i might be called up the order to number 3 this season. What can i do to improve my feet, and mental side of my game?? Also, whats something i can do to improve...