• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Hurricane

Alternative US Politics thread sans libertarian conversations and perspectives

Discuss... @Watson yes the Democrats played politics by putting the Khan family on stage, but it turned out to be a masterstroke no?
  2. Hurricane

Players of Promise

11th Place Play-off: New Zealand Under-19s v South Africa Under-19s at Cox's Bazar, Feb 12, 2016 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo It was probably discussed in the Under 19s thread but I was looking for an excuse to start a thread with this title :ph34r: Plus it is cold and dark outside and...
  3. Hurricane

Best Over Ever

No doubt this has been discussed before but my quick search didn't reveal it, and anyway doesn't hurt to discuss again. Categories Best ODI over Best Test match over Nominate your over by posting a youtube clip of the over. Only nominations with a youtube clip will be considered. Yes I...
  4. Hurricane

Final Post

I am going to leave CW. For whatever reason I have become a pariah on this site. And the recommendation for anyone when that happens on any site is to move on to fresh territory. I will never know why Spikey just went full nuclear on me without provocation. And I will never know why Zorax was...
  5. Hurricane

Rate and Psychoanalyse the AVATAR of the previous/last poster in this thread

Should be Easy Peezy 1) Give the person's (the most recent poster in the thread) avatar a score out of 10 (you can use originality, aesthetics, or impact or whatever you like) 2) Psychoanalyse the avatar and come up with some hypothetical reasons why you conjecture the person picked the avatar...
  6. Hurricane

The American Politics thread

Your post is getting into blame the victim mentality. Polite people do not walk around giving people a spray for not following perceived cricketing etiquette. Below is a photo of the crowd reaction when Voges scored his 100. As you can see very few people stood. If you are offended by this...
  7. Hurricane

Green Button Moments

We will see how we go with this, may only turn into a 3-4 comment thread. But would be interested in what the likes of CPR and Social have to say when they stumble upon this. I have been working closely with a broad team at work for the past 10 weeks. Somedays they have been mad at me and the...
  8. Hurricane

Player Prediction Game

There are three test series coming up SA Vs England NZ Vs SL Aus Vs West Indies So not a draft. Basically Pick a player from a choice of 3 relatively evenly matched guys. Well three guys who Howe and myself went to the effort of trying to make even. Point scorng 1 point per run. 25 points per...
  9. Hurricane

Advice for teenagers at rep trials

Hi, I was unsuccessful at two rep trials in my teenage years, here is my advice so that some young buck who comes across this might do better than what I did. 1) Be one thing or the other and it will increase their perception of how good you are at your chosen discipline. Unless you really are...
  10. Hurricane

The Rugby World Cup 2015 Final

Australia vs New Zealand. Discuss...
  11. Hurricane

Interview Requests

Hi James Need more CW interviews where we all post questions to some domestic warhorse, Here is who I wouldn't mind reading an interview from Brent Arnel Bruce Edgar Jimmy Neesham Neil Broom Michael Bates Jeetan Patel How did you used to arrange these interviews?
  12. Hurricane

Semi Finals

I've got NZ and Australia to go through Had a long think about the Argies but I don't they will be mentally there. I reckon they will just be happy to have had made the semi. Don't be fooled by Australia finding it tough against Scotland. I did warn that Scotland would grow an arm and a leg.
  13. Hurricane

**Official** New Zealand in Australia 2015

The first tour match is a month away but pre-tour articles are starting to come out so discussion and hype can begin. This tour will see the first day night test with pink balls.Article here First day-night Test for Adelaide Oval | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo New Zealand Test Squad Brendon...
  14. Hurricane

Best Fullback at the tournament

There are a few good ones going around. Rate Mike Brown as the best. Strong contenders = Folau and Smith.
  15. Hurricane

Teams you are cheering for apart from your own country

Canada All the Island sides France Wales England USA In that order. Teams I hope get smashed Japan (unless they have picked Japanese players this time) Georgia Uruguay
  16. Hurricane

Haka Responses

Discuss potential responses and former responses
  17. Hurricane

Dane Coles unappreciation thread

Post in here every time he makes a mistake or the scrum goes backwards.
  18. Hurricane

Hashtags

A veritable riot (well some murmurings of excitement) has started at cricsim over the introduction of hashtags. Definitely are needed on CW. Each hash tagged word gets its own html page with all future posts using that hash tag on that page.
  19. Hurricane

Countdown to Rugby World Cup 2015

Are we getting a sub forum for this James. In 2011 we did a roaring business but tended to have a few more rugby fans in those days on board. Official Web site here Rugby World Cup Fixtures here Rugby World Cup
  20. Hurricane

Most intelligent bowlers atm and in history

I have always enjoyed having a yarn with the spearhead opening bowler in any team I have played for. Without question they are always the smartest guy in the team when it comes to cricketing nous. Batsman have a different form of intelligence, bowling intelligence is more about man on man...