• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Bazza

Cricketweb ODI Rankings

For years people have tried to successfully rate who is the best team in world cricket. There have been many attempts - some more successful than others. At the start of the year, Neil Pickup devised a system for ranking teams' abilities in test matches. These have now been adopted as...
  2. Bazza

Afzaal Leaves Trent Bridge

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3134494.stm Also (to save me creating lots of new topics!) Rhodes Awarded New Contract: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/worcestershire/3131484.stm Ali Aims To Prove Point http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3131894.stm Powell...
  3. Bazza

Reeve Linked With Tykes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3134558.stm
  4. Bazza

Shaftab Khalid

Aftab Khalid Young Worcs off spinner, apparently short listed for the academy this winter. I was wondering what Chris Hinton can tell us about him? Hasn't played much cricket but according to the commentators he has a wrong un, ala Murali/Saqlain!
  5. Bazza

Fastest To Multiples Of 100 Wickets

Here is the bowlers thread: 50 Test Wickets: CTB Turner T Richardson FR Spofforth AL Valentine RM Hogg TM Alderman R Peel JJ Ferris SF Barnes AA Mailey MW Tate FH Tyson PM Pollock AME Roberts CEH Croft SCG MacGill 100: GA Lohmann CTB Turner SF Barnes CV Grimmett C Blythe AL Valentine AME...
  6. Bazza

Fastest To Multiples Of 1000 Runs

Whilst doing a bit of research on Graeme Smith I noticed that this is achieved by some of the alltime greats. Stewart and Atherton each have 8000 runs to their names, a great achievement, but they have batted at a time England has been short of world class batsmen and both average below 40. I...
  7. Bazza

Geraint Jones

OK Rich's sig got me thinking. Geraint Jones has had a phenomonal start to his career (which before this year was prety much non-existent) - is he the man to replace Alec Stewart behind the stumps for England (in test matches anyway)? He's not young, but then Stewie himself was 27 on debut. I...
  8. Bazza

Anyone in Bath this weekend?

I just wondered if any of the members here would be visiting Bath for the festival of cricket taking place at the moment?
  9. Bazza

Richard Johnson for England?

I just thought I'd put up a thread commenting on Richard Johnson's exellent start to the English county season. On a couple of occasions previously, he has come close to gaining selection for England, and I wondered if he might finally get the nod this summer when Zimbabwe tour. What does...
  10. Bazza

Namibia v Netherlands

What an incredible match between these two minnows. Not like anything else in this world cup, with pool B containing Kenya, who are clearly stronger than the three ICC Trophy qualifiers. Holland batted first and racked up 314-4, the second highest score of the tournament (Zimbabwe got 340-2...
  11. Bazza

Sri Lanka v West Indies

This one is getting interesting. Sri Lanka lost early wickets and crawled along. Didn't look like they'd get much past 200 before some late blows saw them reach 228-6. West Indies lost Hinds early, then Lara for an uncharacteristic 1 off 22 balls! Vaas inspired early on returned 7-3-14-2 which...
  12. Bazza

Marc's 5k tribute thread

Well Marc recently (ie earlier today) passed the big mountain of a landmark that is 5,000 posts. Unthinkable on most forums, and on here in fact, as recently as a couple of months ago, it is an incredible achievement. He only needs another 80 posts to overtake Aravinda De Silva and move into...
  13. Bazza

What happened to Aqib Javed

I was just looking at the list of ODI hat-tricks and wondered if someone knows whether he still has a chance of getting back in the side? He debuted at 17 in the same game as Waqar Younis and in 1991 took 7-37 against India, including a hat-trick. By the time he was 20 he had won a world cup...
  14. Bazza

Women's words and phrases

WORDS WOMEN USE FINE - This is the word women use to end an argument when they feel they are right and you need to shut up. Never use "fine" to describe how a woman looks. This will cause you to have one of those arguments. FIVE MINUTES - This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the...
  15. Bazza

Interpretation Of Murphy's Law

1. Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film. 2. He who laughs last, thinks slowest. 3. A day without sunshine is like, well, night. 4. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine. 5. Back up my hard drive? How do I put it in reverse? 6. I just got lost in thought. It...
  16. Bazza

Wisdom

1) Triangular sandwiches taste better than square ones. 2) At the end of every party there is always a girl crying. 3) One of the most awkward things that can happen in a pub is when your pint-to-toilet cycle gets synchronised with a complete stranger. 4) You've never quite sure whether it's ok...
  17. Bazza

View first unread post

I find this feature very useful on other forums, but on here it seems to just take you to the last post (there is already a feature for this!). Is there anything you can do James (or whoever!)? Basically if I could log in -> view new posts -> go to first unread post it is very useful, saves alot...
  18. Bazza

Hampshire sign Katich

Great news! Hamshire have signed Simon Katich to join Shane Warne in as overseas players for 2003!! Man we're gonna tear up county cricket this summer. :D KATICH SIGNS FOR HAMPSHIRE Ralph Dellor - 17 December 2002 Simon Katich, the 27 year-old Australian left-handed batsman and left-arm wrist...
  19. Bazza

England XV

OK guys I've been meaning to post this for a few dyas now (ie since before the VB series started), so it is no way indicative of recent performances. I was going to suggest the following 15 for England's world cup squad: Knight Trescothick Hussain Shah Vaughan Stewart Flintoff Blackwell...