• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Teja.

Please over complicate and psychoanalyze the 4 hogwarts houses

Slytherin: tend to be ambitious (which is almost always code for parents have lots of money), resourceful (selfish ****s) and care about their lineage (eugenists) and heritage (nazis). Gryffindor: advertise themselves as brave, courageous and noble but are actually the type of disingenuous...
  2. Teja.

Rank the following Sri Lankan Test Batsmen

I have been reading about pre-1996 Sri Lankan cricketers over the last few days and there's a surprising amount of really decent test batsmen who did performed better in test cricket than I thought they did. Rank and discuss the following test batsmen: Roy Dias (1982-1987) 1285 runs in 20...
  3. Teja.

If ODI cricket was changed to 60 overs an innings again

I'm not suggesting that this is a good idea but let's assume it does happen. 12 overs a bowler. 60 overs an innings. Everything else is still the same as it is today. What cricketers would suddenly become more/less valuable? Which teams would improve? Which teams would change their lineups...
  4. Teja.

What made the mid-1980s Indian ODI team so good?

The Indian ODI team of the mid-1980s did not seem to have any particularly outstanding cricketers outside of Kapil Dev but they not only beat the WI in the finals of the 1983 world cup but beat them once before in the same tournament. Further, they also won the 1985 world championship of...
  5. Teja.

Can you eat $400 of McDonalds in 36 hours?

The hypothetical challenge costs $1000 to participate but you win $20k if you succeed. Terms of bet: Eat $400 worth of McDonalds. $50 max on salads. At least $150 on hot foods (fries, burgers, chicken). At least $50 of that has to be burgers! Can drink but drinks don't count towards total...
  6. Teja.

Polarising Movies Discussion Thread

Let’s start with Suicide Squad which is considered the absolute worst thing ever by critics and was pretty well-liked and successful among fans. Personally, I was dissapointed that they couldn’t really get much mileage of the characters and world they created but I remember enjoying the first...
  7. Teja.

True Crime Discussion Thread

Discuss good true crime documentaries, shows, articles, books, youtube videos etc. OJ: Made in America is the greatest true crime documentary of all time imo. Was watching it again recently and there's nothing I've watched which comes remotely close to how well it was made. I legitimately am...
  8. Teja.

Ideal length of Monday Night Raw

Discuss
  9. Teja.

How many people you met in school have you spoken to in the last one year?

How many are your friends with? Discuss.
  10. Teja.

YouTube Channel Recommendations

Preston Jacobs - His theory videos on ASOIAF are excellent. He takes an apparent fact from the books (Ramsey sent the threatening Pink Letter to Jon Snow at the end of the fifth book, for example) and disproves it based on the source material. He also does excellent voice acting for the various...
  11. Teja.

Is the current Australian batting order stronger than that of the lost generation?

Would you pick the current Australian batting line-up over your choice line-up following the below qualifiers: 1) Should have debuted between 1985 and 2005 in Australian F.C. cricket 2) Played less than 20 tests. (need not have played tests at all) 3) Retired before 2015 from F.C. cricket I...
  12. Teja.

Kids

There are a lot of couples in this generation who’re opting not to have kids due to high costs, ability to enjoy early retirement etc. Do you currently plan to have a kid(s)? If you already do, are you planning to have more? I’m conflicted tbh, emotionally, the thought appears appealing enough...
  13. Teja.

If you had one million dollars, would you stop working completely?

Was just re-watching one of my favourite movies Office Space and there's a scene within it where C1 asks C2 what he would do if he had one million dollars. C2 replies with "2 girls at the same time, man", C1 then says "I would do nothing at all". C2: "You don't need a million dollars for that...
  14. Teja.

Sports that you've learned to love later in life

Most of the sports we love to watch are picked up at childhood. I love watching cricket from when I was a kid watching it with family. What are the sports you've learned to love to watch from scratch after you're already 18+. For me it's MMA. Very much a just bleed type of fan though.
  15. Teja.

What is the best TV comedy show of the last decade?

The only rule is that the first season of it has to be post 2010 (so community is out). Silicon Valley imo.
  16. Teja.

Ethical Hypothetical I

It is late 2017. You are the owner of a gaming company with 13 employees behind a popular online subscription based game with 5 million subscribers, each of whom pay 7$ a month to play your game. Selling of in-game currency outside the game for real world money is against the rules of the game...
  17. Teja.

McDonalds v KFC

Only thoughtful responses considered. Discuss.
  18. Teja.

Keto Diet

Anyone had any experiences with it?