• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Ruckus

Batting SR in test cricket

Watching Warner in this SA/Aus series, was thinking how underrated a high SR for batsmen in test cricket is. A lot of people seem to say that it doesn't matter all that much because there aren't often time concerns in the longest format etc., but the effect a high SR has on the opposition is so...
  2. Ruckus

2010/11 Aus vs 2013 Aus

Who would win? Taking in mind, you can't assume the players match the value they are on paper - i.e. form at the time has to be taken into consideration (e.g. Ponting looked terrible during the 2010/11 series). A typical 2013 side: Warner Rogers Khawaja Clarke Smith Watson Haddin Starc Harris...
  3. Ruckus

Have you ever noticed something...

Australia: VS England: Etc. *Images of Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird, Phil Hughes etc. not included for no particular reason
  4. Ruckus

Meathead culture

Anyone else notice lately (as in the last few years or so) a ridiculous increase in the number of guys obsessed with their bodies and going to the gym 10 times a week? I don't have anything against going to the gym at all (pretty much everyone does it) or getting in shape, but it's ****ing...
  5. Ruckus

Do you think Murali was a chucker?

Probably been other threads on it, but wanna see what the current consensus is. No intention to provoke, don't even have to discuss it, just vote. Irrelevant option left out intentionally, so suck it up.
  6. Ruckus

Predict Ricky Ponting's test future.

Three things to predict: 1. When will he retire from test cricket? Will there be a batting rebirth, or will his form continue to wither away until the end? 2. How many test centuries will he end up with? 3. What will his final test average be? (See poll). Obviously very hard to predict, but...
  7. Ruckus

India-Australia rivalry extending beyond cricket?

I would really like to here some thoughts on this issue. Most people would be aware of the reports of racist attacks in Australia on Indians/Indian students. This is obviously of concern to India and the Indian media, as it is a serious issue. However, I honestly believe the magnitude of the...