• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. masterblaster

Earthquake Tremor in Melbourne

Hi Everyone, Just an hour or so ago, we felt the earth literally move for around 5 seconds where we were. The house was shaking, the walls were rattling and it's the first time I've experienced anything like this. Anyone else in Melbourne feel that as well? Thankfully it only lasted a short...
  2. masterblaster

Can Robin Uthappa Make a Comeback

When Robin Uthappa burst onto the scene, I thought he was a really talented young batsman headed for promising things. However, like a lot of young Indian players gaining some degree of success and being offerred fat IPL contracts, he seemingly got a bit arrogant and lost his way. With strong...
  3. masterblaster

Greatest WWE Intercontinental Champion of All Time

Here's another WWE topic for all the fans on CW. The best WWE fans on the internet are on CW and it's the best place to have discussion. The Intercontinental Championship has always been one of my favourites as it's one of those Championships that help establish the next big stars in the...
  4. masterblaster

I Met The Legend

I'd like to share this with all of you. Just today I had the chance to meet Glenn McGrath at his book signing in our Westfield Shopping Centre here in Melbourne. It was an honour to meet the living legend in person and I'm delighted to be one of the first people in Melbourne to get a signed...
  5. masterblaster

Favourite Songs When You Were A Child

I thought it'd be an interesting thread concept to list some favourite songs when you were a child. Pick an age when you were a child and list some of your favourite songs here to go back down memory lane. I'll list some of the favourites I had when I was 7 years old. Now granted my musical...
  6. masterblaster

Anti Virus Software

There's a whole range of Anti Virus software out there. Some good, some not so good. While others decide to pay for Anti Virus software, others opt for the popular freeware versions that are out there. Which Anti Virus Software do you use? I personally use AVG. AVG has been pretty good for me...
  7. masterblaster

Pommie Mbangwa

How awesome is he when he's commentating? :) One of my favourite commentators from the younger brigade of commentators. Kind of like the Zimbabwean Michael Slater without being as over the top as Slats is at times. That being said, Michael Slater's one of my favourites too. But I've loved...
  8. masterblaster

Ajit Agarkar vs Sreesanth in Limited Overs

Bearing in mind that this comparison is in Limited Overs Cricket only (ODI's and Twenty20's), who would you rather have as a bowler in your squad. Ajit Agarkar gets a lot of stick on this board, for test matches this is deserved. But he's been a leading ODI bowler for India over many years...
  9. masterblaster

VVS Laxman vs Mark Waugh

To continue on with the flavour of these comparison threads. Who would you have in your squad? Both were arguably the most elegant batsmen in their respective teams and both have played many match winning knocks. In addition, both are terrific slips fielders. There's plenty of things common...
  10. masterblaster

PC Help Required

Recently our main family desktop (Pentium 4, 1gb RAM, 150 gb HDD) sufferred a hard drive crash and is currently inoperable. We're able to get by for now as we have a couple of laptops at home. However I'm interested in getting the computer fixed. I'm keen on getting an external hard drive and...
  11. masterblaster

Brett Lee - Future Australian Captain?

With all the fiasco surrounding Australia's spirit of cricket and the Australian captaincy, I couldn't help but think of Brett Lee being a brilliant ambassador for Australian Cricket. He plays the game really hard, but the man is always fair. All the talk is around Michael Clarke taking over...
  12. masterblaster

RIP Richard Carleton

My thoughts and sympathies go to Richard Carelton's family and friends. It's very saddening to see the loss of a great journalist like Carelton. He was one of the most hard hitting journalists in Australia and was always on his game. I've always had a lot of respect for him and he was probably...
  13. masterblaster

See You All Later

It is with sadness that I wish to announce my official departure from CW as a CW Staff Member and as a member on the CW Forums. In June 2002, Andre Maddocks emailed me, inviting me to come and join a little website called Cricket Web. Ofcourse at the time CW was just involved with Australia...
  14. masterblaster

Metric System for America?

I've always wondered why America doesn't convert their entire system of measurement into metric. I think they're the only country other than Liberia and Burma who use the old method of measurement. I think it'll be great for their business sector and their educational system if metric is...
  15. masterblaster

Review The Album

As you all know, music has always been a passion of mine and the success of the favourite song of the week thread has really brought out the music community in CW. This thread here is all about your own personal review of any CD Album you own. Just include the picture of the album cover, track...
  16. masterblaster

Lost My Wallet

Damn, I'm in a huge mess right now. I've got my cousins visiting here from overseas, I was meant to take them out around Melbourne today and I've lost my damn wallet. My bankcard, drivers licence, university ID card and some cash, everything is gone, nowhere to be found. Now i'm headed off to...
  17. masterblaster

Back Home in Australia

Hey Everyone, I'm back home in Melbourne, Australia now after a month long trip to New Delhi, India. It's just amazing and unbelievable to be back home and back on the CW Forums. India was an amazing experience, which challenged, infuriated and amazed me all at the same time. But there is no...
  18. masterblaster

Zaheer is Mentally Lazy - Bruce Reid

'Zaheer is mentally lazy' - Bruce Reid Wisden Cricinfo staff September 16, 2004 Bruce Reid, among others, believes that Zaheer Khan's problems are self-inflicted © AFP Bruce Reid, who advised India's fast bowlers during their tour of Australia last year, has come down heavily on...
  19. masterblaster

Australia Votes - Election 2004 Thread

A lot of people here (including myself) living in Australia are of voting age. I would love to hear people's views on the current fight for leadership of Australia between John Howard and Mark Latham. Who do you support, do you even care? Or are you going to do the famous 'donkey vote'...
  20. masterblaster

The Sachin Tendulkar Interview

http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/JUL/017367_IND_14JUL2004.html An interesting read....