• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. C_C

Evil western drug corporations

This really pisses me off. Profit over the lives of people. Die Novartis ! die P&G ! die die die ! We should be supporting India's stance on this against the west or millions of people will be left without medicine and die.
  2. C_C

A Political question

It crossed my mind the other day that modern democracies vary from ancient democracies in one significant way : Modern democracies are overwhelmingly party-based while ancient democracies were not. In the world of party-based democracies, there is one serious philosophical flaw : policies...
  3. C_C

Jazz

Is there any Jazz fan out here ? I've been getting into jazz over the last several months ( thats what happens when you hang out with music students and teachers!) and i must say, i have just as much respect for Jazz as classical music. Recently heard a lot of Louis Armstrong and the Dave...
  4. C_C

Rabindranath Tagore

I was stunned this weekend to've run into a South American girl ( Chilean) who's just recently come to Canada ( lived her whole life previously in Chile) who's a huge Tagore fan and knows more about Tagore than I do. Until this weekend, i didnt think many Indians know of Tagore (outside of the...
  5. C_C

Go America : Friend and liberators !

Great job, mate!
  6. C_C

Best bowling attack you can think of

Ok, this is a hypothetical one- mix and match, throw them all in i dont care but limit your list to 5 bowlers tops.. Mine would be as follows: Malcolm Marshall : IMO, best fast bowler ever. Period. Deceptive pace, brilliant cricketing brain and allround effectivenes everywhere Wasim Akram ...
  7. C_C

Car Crash !

Holy hell. Someone just totalled their SUV outside my house and ended up croaking on the sidewalk ( i live right next to a major arterial road to the only highway in Vancouver). Took out the lampost on the way which is like directly outside my window facing the computer. I better hope they...
  8. C_C

Top Cities and towns you've been to

Here's mine: #1: Vancouver. Reason : Well having moved so much, i've never really formed a notion of 'home' when i think of a city or even region but Vancouver is closest i've come to calling home. It has everything really - a young and liberal crowd (a tad too liberal for my taste though)...
  9. C_C

Guns and more guns !!

Anyone into guns here ? Well i went to the gun range last week and handled my first gun - a Baretta pistol, an SKS and a target rifle that fires .22s Was scared poopless at first and everytime someone fired one of those monster-sounding rifles, i nearly jumped in shock. I used to do archery...
  10. C_C

Alltime ODI XI

What would be your's ? This would be mine: Tendulkar < no reason needed> Gillchrist < there are openers who've scored more than him but his decent average-35-ish, combined with run-a-ball strike rate and wicketkeeping ability makes him a perfect candidate with team balance in mind> Viv...
  11. C_C

Wow. American dictatorship has officially started!

Came across this on the net. They just suspended habeus corpus from their legal structure. Officially gone is your right to even defend yourself if you are charged with something. Now all they gotto do is plop down a few gulags in Alaska and it would be 'welcome to Stallin-type regimes'.
  12. C_C

Mr Galloway-take a bow

This guy is absolutely fearless in speaking his mind and one person i respect politically. in his recent interview, he just totally trashed the sky media and the whole Israeli spin on their invasion of Lebanon. Watch it here Cheers!
  13. C_C

Watch 10 minutes of the greatest footballer the world has ever known-completely legal

Enjoy! Deigo who ? this man is just...INCOMPARABLE. PS: This is directly from google videos and i am pretty sure that this is legit.
  14. C_C

Should the west support Israel ?

What are your opinions on this ? Frankly, i think the western support of Israel reeks of hypocrasy. We have the good ol yanks and pom officials wax eloquoent about freedom of speech, freedom of civil liberties, zero-tolerance for racism, etc etc. Yet, Israel is a nation founded on racism and...
  15. C_C

And so it begins.

Well anyone who refuses to buy the US government's official story pertaining to 9/11 is automatically branded anywhere between Al Qaeda sympathisers or conspiracy theorist. Slowly many are waking up to realit and questions are starting to be posed in open regarding the whole affair. Here is a...
  16. C_C

Threat to cricket or is it 'doing the right thing' ?

The Indian government has decieded to share broadcast of all cricket matches involving India with non-cable channels as well as cable channels. Essentially, this ( from what i understand) means no more 'exclusive rights' for any particular channel showing Indian cricket and all Indian cricket...
  17. C_C

Tookie Williams - Justice done or Vengeance achieved ?

Is this an example of the pervasive punishment mentality prevalent in the world or did this man truly deserve to die ?
  18. C_C

US- an alternate view

From a noted Nobel Lauriate : Read it here About time the world woke up to the reality.
  19. C_C

Egyptian Voyage to the Americas- Myth or Truth ?

a very interesting website. Mummies with cocaine in their teeth ( coke users often state that along with the rush, they get a pain-killing response from cocaine).....a very interesting read. PS: Cocaine is a new-world drug not found in the old world in pre-columbine days.
  20. C_C

Evolution in Action: Humans evolving as we speak

Interesting link. Personally, i am glad that the average woman doesnt look like Camilla anymore ! :D :D