• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. B

England's Openers for the ODI's

Read this article on The Guardian's website by Vic Marks , mainly concerning the opening partnership. And given the personnel even choosing the (Peter Moores) logical choices still brings up an issue , as Cook/Bell/Wright/Prior have all opened. I would suggest its going to be Prior and Cook...
  2. B

Is The Yorker underused in test cricket?

Just wondering what you thought about this point.
  3. B

Where's SreeSanth?

Any reason why hes not playing in this ODI series , would have thought he'd be the perfect sort of bowler for this series.
  4. B

The Slate is wiped clean , who would you like to see in Englands ODI squad

Its going to be interesting who is named on Friday. Firstly the issue of captaincy . Which I personally would like to see go to Pietersen. And I think the whole Collingwood being favourite doesn't make sense. Moores has said nothing , and because everyone wants him to be it doesn't mean at all...
  5. B

Cricket In China

I remember that Michael Atherton mentioned about the lack of funding to the West Indies , and how money was been invested into China in the hope they'll be playing cricket in 15 years time. Does that have any truth , is that a plan , or is that an ambition of the ICC to make some more money.
  6. B

Michael Vaughan - The Special One?

Taken from: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/engvwi/content/current/story/295701.html Vaughans press conference today made some very interesting listening. He's acting as if he thinks hes the special one. He thinks just because hes been "Captain" over the past 18 months. He's really frustrated...
  7. B

How good is Simon Jones

Now he had two exeptional games during the 2005 Ashes. But I think since then people have been expecting him to come back and perform. Just wondered what you guys thought. I think hes a really good bowler ,but I get the feeling that people have overrated him slightly , looking for a saviour for...
  8. B

Something interesting about Englands (relative) test sucess over the past 4 years.

I was just thinking back to Englands past 4 years in the test , and something struck me a little. Winter 04 - West Indies , 4-0 (No Spinner of any value). Begin Summer 04 - New Zealand , 3-0 (Without Vettori) End Summer 04 - West Indies 4-0 (No Spinner) Winter 05 - South Africa , 2-1 (Nicky...
  9. B

Where do England go from here?

Its been a pretty tortureous time for England over the last 6 months. Few would have invisiged the Commonwealth Bank series win. But a 5-0 mullering in Austrailia followed by some pretty horrible and unconvincing performances in the carribean. Just wondering what you guys think England should do...
  10. B

How would you Pick Englands ODI team After the world cup

For me its time for some drastic changes to Englands One Day side. Unless England do something remarkable at the world cup , which really doesn't seem likely , then they need to make some personel changes - 1) Strauss - Not a one day batsman , doesn't have the powerful strokeplay. 2) Vaughan -...
  11. B

Why can't they use slow motion cameras for run outs.

The frames are causing to much confusion. Wouldn't it be easier to use the slow motion ones.
  12. B

Hoggard At Number 11?

Was this purely because of his batting form. Or was there another reason.
  13. B

England Name ODI Squad

Wasn't sure where to put this. England squad: J Anderson, I Bell, P Collingwood, J Dalrymple, A Flintoff, E Joyce, J Lewis, S Mahmood, P Nixon, M Panesar, K Pietersen, L Plunkett, C Read, A Strauss, C Tremlett, M Vaughan. Vaughan named in squad , and is likely to be captain. Jones dropped...
  14. B

Isn't the Brisbane Pitch against the rules of the ICC

I thought the ICC said that test match wickets should offer something for both bowlers and batsmen. This one doesn't.
  15. B

Am I The Only One That Thinks England Will Win The Ashes

I don't get it. Everywhere I go it just seems to be everyone is saying the Aussies are bound to win. As an Englishman , and a realist , I still believe that England can take this series. Does anyone , English or otherwise agree?
  16. B

Chris Read - I'm Not Convinced

Read replaced Jones on the fact that he was in better form with the bat. But you go the feeling that people were getting on Jones' back because he kept dropping chances. But Read won't dive across. The ones that Jones is dropping Read isn't even going for.
  17. B

2002 Photo Update

Anyone interested in doing a photo update for the 2002 game.I'd be willing to help.
  18. B

In The Next Games Are There Going To Be any Major Changes?

In the new ICC Versions (Ashes & World Cup) are there going to be any major changes apart from database updates.
  19. B

Why Ian Bell should be in England's Ashes Team...

As this Winter's Ashes series draw nearer England will have to make a selection over who bats where , and more importantly why. So I am going to make the case for Ian Bell. The Only one of the Bell - Cook - Collingwood triangle to play and major part in an Ashes win (So Far...). So why should a...
  20. B

My New Forum

I have setup a new forum: URL Removed