• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. K

Lucky Eddie/BBC's plagiarism

Apologies if this has already been covered, but can someone tell me where Eddie is? I see from his profile he hasn't been on the CW forums since October, and there was no mention of any kind of hiatus in his last few posts. I was reminded of him when I was clearing out an e-mail account, with...
  2. K

Mark Richardson to retire?

With a press conference to be held in about 10 minutes, one can only presume he'll either announce his retirement effective immediately or for the end of the season. Richardson's questioned whether he wants to continue playing in his newspaper columns, and speculated about retirement last...
  3. K

NZ Squad named - Franklin cut!

To make room for Kyle Mills, no less! Stephen Fleming (captain), Nathan Astle, Ian Butler, Chris Cairns, Chris Harris, Hamish Marshall, Brendan McCullum (wicket-keeper), Craig McMillan, Kyle Mills, Jacob Oram, Michael Papps, Scott Styris, Daryl Tuffey, Daniel Vettori. Remembering these were...
  4. K

Bond - finished off for good?

Pretty awful news to hear he's picked up another stress fracture. http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2984456a1823,00.html On the face of it, it seems his back just isn't up to bowling cricket balls at pace any more - new action or any action.
  5. K

Butler gets stint with Kent

The county, I mean. Any chance someone can tell me how to adjust my username slightly! Anyway, perhaps an English fan can explain this one for me. NZ were recently at Kent's home ground and were accused of bowling pitifully short, struggling to adjust to the slope and pitch conditions. They...
  6. K

Chappell-Hadlee Trophy announced

NZ is to get 3 ODIs against the world champs every summer! Sort of like cricket's answer to rugby's Bledisloe Cup I guess. I'll post a print story when google news finds one. A shame there isn't say a biennial test series, but I guess we'll never have the sort of cricketing history that gets...
  7. K

Andre - who did you have in mind?

"His [Astle's] recall allows for the Black Caps to field their strongest batting line-up, potentially squeezing out an all-rounder." Oram - no. Cairns - no. Styris - no. Vettori?
  8. K

Biased Crowds

Do you think the bias of crowds is an example of cricket proving itself as a professional sport, or is it just a lack of class? I often find the numbers of "handcuffed" spectators, particularly when home sides are in the field, to be frankly embarrassing. If I'm at the ground I feel like...
  9. K

Fleming to open in SA tests?

Interesting comment from 'mentor' Martin Crowe. "You might even see him open in test cricket soon, such is the way he is doing it in one-day cricket. He has a good mixture of strokes". This would just risk more off-balance LB's and early snicks wouldn't it? Perhaps if they're keen to ease...
  10. K

Craig Cumming - an explanation?

Has anyone seen John Bracewell attempt to justify this selection yet? (a link would be good if it's on the net). Rather than reward any of the several promising young players who've already made runs this season, it seems he's after batsmen who play the ball late. As in "anything over 140 is a...
  11. K

NZ 1st test side

How close am I do you reckon? Richardson Vincent Fleming Styris McMillan Cairns Oram Hart Vettori Tuffey Butler 12th: McIntosh (Marshall for fielding?) Tuffey Butler Cairns Oram Vettori Styris I'm not sure about Cairns as a 1st change option, or if he'll even play. Is he playing for...
  12. K

John Bracewell interview

Hi guys, I just found this site after doing a search on Richard Sherlock, and was pleased to find some discussion on the NZ domestic scene. Am I allowed to put up this address for an interview with John Bracewell? It's a download so you can use the rewind-fast forward options, and can listen...