• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. shortpitched713

Testing Forum in Here!

Whatever happened to those really long testing forum threads with polls and the like? I think they need to make a comeback. So this thread is my contribution to bringing testing forum back to its former glory.
  2. shortpitched713

Age of OT members

I just wanted to know, how old are you lot? Feel free to make general comments about each others age and whip out the cliches, I'll start: Old is gold. Age is just a number. Its not how old you are but how old you feel. Etc. Edit: ****, I should have made the first option under 16. I'm...
  3. shortpitched713

Pakistan Cricket (or lack thereof)

The Pakistan cricket team's fixtures for 2008 are ass. Discuss.
  4. shortpitched713

Do you see yourself posting in 5-10 years time?

What it says on the tin. Personally I would like to have the free time to be posting on this forum 5 years from now, however I see that as an unlikely possibility. Even if I were to be posting, I would have to say that it would likely be in a much more limited fashion.
  5. shortpitched713

Battle of the Entertainers

Well this must be the most abstract and subjective battle in this forum. Inspired by some posts in this thread. Anyway this battle is to determine who the cricket web forum thinks is the greatest entertainer of all time. This can include anyone from athletes to authors to comedians, as long as...
  6. shortpitched713

Battle of the Subcontinental Seamers not from Pakistan

In commemoration of the imminent split in World cricket I have decided to start this battle (and maybe another couple) to highlight the rich tradition and depth of cricket in the subcontinent, as well as seriously compare some of the lesser renowned amongst our cricketers. So to start this...
  7. shortpitched713

Stick cricket multiplayer (Players needed for tournament)

Stuck cricket has launched a new multi player version of their game. Its only on the Australian version of their site though. If anyones up for a challenge, my username is blingdawg. :cool:
  8. shortpitched713

The beginning of the end for sledging?

Brad Hogg's ban imo will eventually signal the end to this boorish and totally unsportsmanlike behavior. A good, though long overdue move by the ICC.
  9. shortpitched713

Surge Protector

Forgot my surge protector. Will have to run my computer for the next week without one. What are the chances that something important in my computer will get fried?
  10. shortpitched713

Pay to Play

Which international cricketer would you play to play against? You get 11 overs to either bowl or bat against them. You can choose either current or past cricketers, living or dead. Personally, I'm not sure whether I'd want a chance to bowl against Bradman or maybe bat against Muralitharan. I...
  11. shortpitched713

Predict National Side 2011

Blatant rip off of the Predict National Side 2008 thread, considering that making predictions in there isn't all that difficult... Pakistan Test Salman Butt Yasir Hameed Younis Khan* Bazid Khan Faisal Iqbal Shoaib Malik Shahid Afridi/Sohail Tanvir Sarfraz Ahmed+ Umar Gul Danish Kaneria Mohammad...
  12. shortpitched713

Battle of the English Tea Breads

Have at it! Which is the better food to go along with tea. Have never tried either, tbh but I think this is a very important issue that needs discussing.
  13. shortpitched713

Anti-virus Software

Does anyone know of any good anti-virus software? Free is definitely preferable. :mellow: Have a couple of good free anti adware programs, but all the major anti-virus stuff seems to require shelling out the big bucks, which is something I'm not prepared to do. Am not all that computer savy...
  14. shortpitched713

Best/Worst Game

Best pointless way to waste time. Although I must say, DON'T CLICK THE LINK TO GET TO THIS PAGE! Got to page 7693 tbh. :ph34r:
  15. shortpitched713

Caption This: Pollock, Boucher

16. shortpitched713

Greatest Ever Fast Bowler?

Well we've done similar things in the past, first with the Battle of the Pace Bowlers then with adharcric's Ranking the Bowlers Thread, but some might say both of these methods might have their flaws in determining point blank who is the greatest fast bowler of all time. For example only 12...
  17. shortpitched713

Caption this: Younis Khan

18. shortpitched713

ODI rule changes

So apparently ODI cricket is dieing a slow and painful death. People are bored, or something like that. So how do you guys think the game should be changed to add a little spice? Personally I feel that the over limitations on bowlers should be relaxed. Either two of the bowlers should be...
  19. shortpitched713

Caption this: Michael Vaughan

20. shortpitched713

Drug Testing? World Cup?

Does anyone know if there will be drug testing before the Wrold Cup? Leaving aside the pending punishment of certain players, I would at least like to know that all of the players who are playing in the competition are clean during the competition.