• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. andmark

Any England or Australia Fans Who Don't Enjoy The Ashes?

For pretty much all of my time as a cricket fan, I've enjoyed the traditions and history of the Ashes. It almost feels like cricket's birth story and the imagery of titans like Bradman, Botham and Warne fighting for such a tiny urn can't help but feel immense. That said, I've found myself not...
  2. andmark

Shootings in Utrecht, Netherlands

There's an on-going situation where a gunman seems to have targeted a tram in the Netherlands. Depressing stuff.
  3. andmark

Predictions

Safe, conservative and boring, or dangerous, unusual and bizarre, does anyone have any predictions of pretty much any nature for this tournament? I'm thinking India to win the tournament with Kohli being the top scorer. I reckon weather will also have an influence on proceedings, with numerous...
  4. andmark

The Greatest Person of the Twentieth Century

The BBC recently did a series of programs and votes to decide the greatest person of the twentieth century with the result being Alan Turing. Their methodology was however dodgy. Perhaps invariably, there was a western and UK-centrism with the options available. For example, in their...
  5. andmark

Greatest All-Round Athlete Ever

I used the search button but couldn't find anything about what I'm talking about, so here we go. Who is/was the greatest athlete ever? I'm not talking just athletics nor do I mean the best sportsperson. Rather I'm talking in terms of who had the best physical abilities ever. The obvious ways of...
  6. andmark

100th Anniversary of Armistice Day

The 11th of November will mark the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day which ended the First World War and I think there should be a thread marking it. I'll just try to give context to explain why the war was an important point of history worth commemorating. The conflict was about as brutal as...
  7. andmark

The Simpsons Thread

Crack those atoms!
  8. andmark

Better host: Australia or New Zealand?

As it says on the tin; who's been the better of the two host nations in terms of hosting (not on field performance), Australia or New Zealand? I'd go with New Zealand. I've really enjoyed the small ground feel of the NZ matches. The crowds have been greatly enthusiastic and seem friendly; the...
  9. andmark

Leg Spin Thread

I hope Zorax won't mind me adopting his/ your idea of creating a mega-thread thread for the discussion of leg spin. There's been many threads on both styles of spin and, as Zorax has rightly done, it would be useful just to have mega threads for the two style of spin to concentrate thought...
  10. andmark

Best opposition fans

Who are the best fans other than your own country's? The Sub-continental countries clearly stand out due to the great enthusiasm they show, but specifically Sri Lanka's fans stand out to me. I went to an England vs Sri Lanka game a few years a go and the Sri Lankan fans were great. A large...
  11. andmark

History thread

This is a rather hit or miss thread given how it's not a current day issue (although historians would moan and disagree)- like British politics is for example-, but a thread where people talk about history could potentially be interesting for us history buffs/nerds. In that effort, here we are...
  12. andmark

Mosul Falls (attempt 2)

The current situation in Iraq is worrying. With the rise of extremist Islamist group ISIS- or ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria/the Levant) in the southern part of Iraq there are major concerns for human rights as the following UN article reflects: United Nations News Centre - Iraq: UN envoy...
  13. andmark

Martial Art choice

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the UFC thread, but I thought it would be a bit off-topic. I am interested in starting to do a martial art, however I'm not sure which one to do. I'm 16 with a fairly average frame (6ft, 78 kg). I want to gain good self defense ability whilst being able to...
  14. andmark

Pakistan's Test Eligibility

Forgive me if this thread has been made before, as I'm increasingly rarely on the forums. The elligibilty of Pakistan -as far as I'm aware- to play Test Cricket hasn't been an issue confronted "properly" by the ICC. As the current situation (as I'm sure any reader of this will know) stands...
  15. andmark

I'm meeting the Bishop of Liverpool and have to ask him a question- Suggestions?

I'm meeting the Bishop of Liverpool and have to ask him a question. I need some help gathering suggestions and the one I'll eventually use and could do with some help. Feel free to post ideas but if you suggest anything, please consider the "friendly" nature of the event and that representatives...
  16. andmark

Wisden- How important to Cricket is it?

For 100+ years, the whole history of the game of Cricket has been recorded in little yellow books called Wisden Almanacks. These books are a gate way to knowledge and passion in the game of Cricket. (Now with the serious part) Whilst the ICC/MCC have organised most tours, settled matters and...
  17. andmark

LBW- Do you think the specifics are fair?

(I realise this thread has probably been made before, but I searched for it, and it wasn't there) Now I completely disagree with how a batsmen can't be out LBW if the ball pitches outside leg. What does that leave leg-spin bowlers to the majority of batsmen of whom are right handed? They can't...
  18. andmark

Cricket journalism- How much do you have to know?

Hi. I'm at the difficult age of fourteen, where I have to decide on a career. I am considering going into journalism of Cricket. What I want to know is, how much do you actually need to know to be a journalist of the game? And how much history it's relevant to know about the game.
  19. andmark

How much do you think this book is worth...?

I've been offered a copy of the book Cricket and All That signed by Dennis Compton and Bill Edrich (s.p) for £25. Do you think it is worth it? How much do you think it's worth? And do you think I would be able to make a profit from it? Any answers help is appreciated.
  20. andmark

Ipod question

Today I got an Ipod Touch. To get apps, do I have to use a wi-fi connection, or is it possible to get apps, songs etc, with a cable internet connection? Currently the ipod is connect via the USB wire, but I'm unable to download anything. (FTR, I have a cable Internet connection).