• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

100 years of Ashes + Draft with Cap on games

Line and Length

100 Years, 250 Games Salary Cap Ashes + Draft

This is perhaps one of the more complex drafts and, as such, is restricted to 8 players – 4 will choose to base their side on England players and the other 4 their side on Australian players.

Basically, contestants nominate to have their side based on England or Australia Test players + players from other Test playing nations. They must include either 5 or 6 players from the nominated Ashes playing nation. The Team is then made up of players from non-Ashes playing Test countries with a limit of 2 selections from any one country.

Now it gets tough. Players must have made their debut after 1918 and played their last test no later than 2018. That’s the 100 Years part.

And tougher still! The 250 games represents a ‘salary cap’ and the total games played by your 11 man team must not exceed 250. To prevent contestants picking a couple of ‘superstars’ and completing the side with lesser-lights, players selected must have played in at least 10 Test matches but no more than 40 Test Matches.

I’m a starter and will take one of the 4 England based teams.

Line and Length

Teuton indicated a desire for a draft that didn't involve the usual Top 100 players so I'll save a spot for him. He can nominate which Ashes nation he wants.

Last edited:

Line and Length

Hi Trundler. I think there are more than enough players in the 10 to 40 range. BTW - do you want an Australian or England base?

trundler

I'll take 'Straya. I think getting 1 big name in there would make things interesting as you'd have to balance the budget with one shot at an ATG.

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
I'll play if there's a spot. Would prefer Aust but will take Eng if need be.

Line and Length

One spot remaining for someone who will take England. Will do a draw and add a couple of extra details in about 8 hours time.

Line and Length

On the toss of a coin, an Australian team gets pole position. Choices are then alternated with positions decided randomly. The lead off for each random round (1,3,5,7,9) is alternated between the Ashes nations. Round 2 is the reverse of round 1.The final slot (an England side) is left open for the first late-comer to claim.
As there are only (currently) 7 players playing, drafting might be a bit quicker so the full draw (continuing the alternating) has been done for rounds 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 with the even numbers being the reverse of these. Round 11 is done purely on draft positions in Rounds 1,3,5,7,9 with the person with the overall lowest picks gaining top spot.
All too complicated? Just go along with the draw!

ROUND 1: ataraxia (Aust), Red Hill (Eng), Teuton (Aust), kingkallis (Eng), Fuller Pilch (Aust), Line & Length (Eng), Trundler (Aust), anil1405 (Eng)
ROUND 2: Reverse of Round 1
ROUND 3: kingkallis, ataraxia, Red Hill, Fuller Pilch, Line & Length, Trundler, anil1405, Teuton
ROUND 4: Reverse of Round 3
ROUND 5: Teuton, kingkallis, ataraxia, anil1405, Trundler, Red Hill, Fuller Pilch, Line & Length
ROUND 6: Reverse of Round 5
ROUND 7: anil 1405, Trundler, kingkallis, Teuton, Red Hill, Fuller Pich, Line & Length, ataraxia
ROUND 8: Reverse of Round 7
ROUND 9: Teuton, Line & Length, Trundler, kingkallis, ataraxia, anil 1405, Fuller Pilch, Red Hill
ROUND 10: Reverse of Round 9
ROUND 11: Fuller Pilch, Line & Length, ani 1405, Red Hill, Trundler, ataraxia, Teuton, kingkallis

Upon making a selection, please include the number of games and (after Round 1) your total games used.

Start whenever you are ready.

Last edited: