• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

16th Match - Bangladesh v New Zealand (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Bangladesh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weldone

This pitch isn't as bad as the scoreboard shows, by any stretch of imagination. This is just a slow pitch. 145 is a par score imo. A good batting side (South Africa) would chase this 7 times out of 10.

Last edited:

Niall

I prefer to see some sort of contest between bat and ball so I don't mind 140 pitches. More preferable to me than 190 plays 180 every time.
Maybe and I don't mind them either, but t20 is aimed at the majority and about converting new fans, this sort of game only appeals to the purists like us online.

This in my opinion is a worst advertisement for the game than 230 chasing 226.

kiwiviktor81

Shane Warne would have been proud of the ball from Elliott that got Mushfiqur. Going on to hit leg, pitched, turned, beat the bat and hit the outside of off.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I know I'm probably in the minority even on CW but I actually really enjoy the fact that someone like Elliott is a genuinely good T20 bowler. I think it's a problem when there's not much consequential difference between good bowling and bad bowling, but I think that's quite a separate issue to what we see with bowlers like Elliott who just have their skillsets rewarded far more in this format than others.

indiaholic

Maybe and I don't mind them either, but t20 is aimed at the majority and about converting new fans, this sort of game only appeals to the purists like us online.

This in my opinion is a worst advertisement for the game than 230 chasing 226.
Don't care about the casuals enough to tolerate sitting through a slog fest.

Stapel

That LBW-decision looked so wrong. Impact was outside leg, so it either had pitched outside, or will miss the leg stump. Weird decision really..... Not that things matter too much, but still.

indiaholic

Glad that i didn't post my prediction about NZ's score being just par and BD having a decent shot at chasing it down.

vandem

That LBW-decision looked so wrong. Impact was outside leg, so it either had pitched outside, or will miss the leg stump. Weird decision really..... Not that things matter too much, but still.
Looked good in real-time. But not as good as the Nicholls non-decision earlier today ...

91Jmay

Bangladesh's fabled lethal batting order striking again. Their 'promising young talent' coming to the fore.

Kippax

New Zealand is a bit like the U.S. Open golf course of spin, obvs. Season upon season of that for Sodhi and Santner, now they're finally seeing some generous fairway width and short par fives to relish. Kids in a candy store.

kiwiviktor81

So the BCs have spun two subcontinental sides out for less than 80, in the subcontinent, in four matches. You'd have to say we were the favourites from here.

Days of Grace

I'd still be worried if we have to bat second.

We have been incredibly lucky with the tosses, which is hilarious just after BMac's retirement.

Last edited: