• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Amirfan

So you want to chop up and change one of the best bowling units for the off chance Southee might hit a few 6s something Boult is more than capable of doing. Dumb.
All I am saying is they will need the batting depth. It will be a batting shootout. Jadeja nearly pulled a rabbit out of the hat for India yesterday. NZ will need someone similar.

Flem274*

123/5
Australia made 250 despite their worst bowling performance. Chances are they will make 300+ this time. On second thoughts, Henry can land a few hits so he should stay. They should consider Southee instead of Boult/Santner. Boult is one of the best but largely ineffective against Aus anyway and Santner will be rendered useless on a flat bed. I'm leaning towards Southee for Boult because Santner can also hit a few lusty blows.
this post is even dumber than mohammad amir taking money for no balls

SteveNZ

Even if we don't win at Lord's, there should be a national monument erected to Kane on our return. I can't even fathom how he consistently performs with the weight of this side on his shoulders. His captaincy has been outstanding as well. An absolute genius.

trundler

Guptill desperately needs to come good in the final. You can't rely on a 2 man batting line up, they're both due a failure at some point. England had weaknesses too but they're on a roll at the moment. NZ will need a decent innings from an opener.

add_sauce

Guptill desperately needs to come good in the final. You can't rely on a 2 man batting line up, they're both due a failure at some point. England had weaknesses too but they're on a roll at the moment. NZ will need a decent innings from an opener.
Yeah, good luck with that. If Guptill gets more than 20 with a strike rate of more than 50, I'll eat my hat.

trundler

Nicholls played a solid knock in the context of the match. Tell Guptill to just smash. Hope Taylor comes in with the platform set for once and can score freely.

trundler

I'm looking into all legal avenues as we speak, going to get in touch with Burgey to explore available options. Will keep you updated
That would be quite the predicament for Burgey. His fervent nationalism would be gutted but hey, everyone knows lawyers have no morals.